Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2015, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 977 times

Advertisements

I interviewed via Skype for a small nonprofit 8 days ago, and I thought it went pretty well. The primary intervewer, who is the founder, seemed to really like my personal connection to her organization's mission and smiled and nodded throughout all my answers. She said they only had 20 minutes initially, but the call ended up lasting half an hour. I followed up with a thank-you email, and a few days later received an email from the executive assistant saying they enjoyed speaking to me, they had a lot of interesting applicants, and just wanted to let me know the specific responsibilities of the job so that if I was no longer interested, their decision could be made easier. I replied saying I was totally committed still. I then received another email requesting my permission for them to contact my references since they enjoyed speaking with me. That was like four days ago, and I haven't heard anything since then. I updated them about two references who are unavailable and gave them replacement references. They said they would get back to me regarding my outcome by the end of this week. I really want this job and was just wondering what everyone thinks this means in terms of hiring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2015, 10:57 AM

6,460 posts, read 7,798,579 times
It's a good sign but the standard advice is to not get too committed to this. Keep looking and living as if this weren't happening. If it does, that's when to celebrate. Until then, try your best to put it out of your mind.

Best of luck.

Old 03-16-2015, 11:04 AM

658 posts, read 724,495 times
this is formality process...you can just wait a bit longer and see. You can also check if they called for references by get in touch with people who you reached out to use as references. Usually, they may take up to a week or so to get back to you. They may also be busy writing the offer letter and the $ amount.

don't hold your breath on this one...just keep your feet moving and get going with other opportunities.

Old 03-16-2015, 01:02 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Four days is ncothing! It sounds good!

Old 03-17-2015, 12:36 AM

21,023 posts, read 27,256,961 times
The decision is in the prospective employer's hands. It can go the way of you being offered the job, or another candidate closely meets the needs of the position to be offered the position.

Old 03-17-2015, 05:46 AM

405 posts, read 573,467 times
You never know, it could go either way. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search