Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 05:26 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times

Advertisements

My unprofessional moment during a job interview is when I already had a job offer letter from the company I wanted to work for and showed up at the interview for another company with just a dress shirt and tie. lol

It didn't matter because I was not talking the job but I only went because I wanted to see what it felt like to go to a interview and not care how it turned out.

BTW: That organization closed down 2 years later so I should have showed up in a tee shirt
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2015, 08:44 PM

111 posts, read 179,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBJ View Post
My unprofessional moment during a job interview is when I already had a job offer letter from the company I wanted to work for and showed up at the interview for another company with just a dress shirt and tie. lol

It didn't matter because I was not talking the job but I only went because I wanted to see what it felt like to go to a interview and not care how it turned out.

BTW: That organization closed down 2 years later so I should have showed up in a tee shirt
That's great! I know you were glad to choose the other job!

Old 03-22-2015, 08:52 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
I wore dark blue jeans and said I hated math.That was when I was in my late teens.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:56 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,025,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corymartine View Post
That's great! I know you were glad to choose the other job!
Yeah that job was 20 mins away from home and the job I already had was 5 mins away

Old 03-23-2015, 11:22 AM

671 posts, read 901,140 times
I scheduled a face to face interview for a month after a phone interview... I flew down from MA to FL... a day before the interview I call the guy... he had completely forgotten about the interview. When I told him my name he had no recollection. Ended up going to the interview but not taking the job.

Old 03-23-2015, 12:07 PM

4,666 posts, read 5,094,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corymartine View Post
So I'm starting to realize, slowly but surely, that professionalism is not a given. There should be a college degree that teaches people how to be professional, a complete 4 year program. But seriously, I went to an interview today and it was just weird.

The program director, my would be supervisor, was fine. Really seemed to like me. But her assistant or someone under her, not sure, had an attitude the whole time right from when I walked in and said hi to her. What was really bizarre to me though is that after I answered a question I noticed that she actually rolled her eyes.

So I'm going to send a thank you note, but I'm not too positive that I got this job. Anyone else experience something like this during an interview?
I am to the point of extreme indifference. I am going to show to a job interview that I have little to no chance of getting or don't want in sandal, athletic shorts, and a t-shirt and or troll them with a variety of questions with the hopes of baiting them into breaking the EEO.

The two worst I experienced:
1) I drove two hours round trip for a 5 minute interview with the rudest woman I have ever met. The recruiter told me to dress professionally, and since it was in finance, I wore a suit and tie. I get there and everybody is in jeans and collared shirts. The hiring manager asked me two questions, asked if I had any questions, and then literally pushed me out of the building. I was extremely angry.

2) I had to wait 15 minutes for a group of guys who were extremely indifferent to my presence. I think they found the person they wanted and forgot to call or email me to cancel the interview.

Old 03-25-2015, 03:27 PM

12,054 posts, read 23,352,236 times
I was interviewed by a team where one member of the team was late. When she arrived, she put her head down on the desk and went to sleep. Declined the job offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search