Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 12:04 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
Share your experience about the time you decided it was better to bail on a job interview than stick with it until the end. What drove you to do it?
I would never do that. Doesn't matter how badly the interview is going or how unprofessional the company, if you walk, they will talk, and word spreads.

The last thing you want to be known as is an immature interviewee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2015, 12:47 PM

54 posts, read 53,132 times
Soon as I heard the words" We work long hours and are on call 24/7 and we expect the same from you" I said no thanks unless I have a good work life balance
I will not work that job and walked out

Private Sector is the worst

Old 10-29-2015, 12:58 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,432,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I would never do that. Doesn't matter how badly the interview is going or how unprofessional the company, if you walk, they will talk, and word spreads.

The last thing you want to be known as is an immature interviewee.
I think you can end the interview politely and professionally and they will appreciate you not wasting anymore of their time.

Personally I've aborted several applications that were in the interview phase usually as a result of HR people off their leash and making crazy demands or giving me "assignments.

I've never actually walked out of an interview but there have been cases I wish I had especially when it takes the tone of a police interrogation or just drags on with the HR psychobabble.

Old 10-29-2015, 02:06 PM

449 posts, read 495,512 times
One time I was forced to escape from a job interview. I was a bit speculative to begin with since the interview was taking place in a office inside a warehouse. After I arrived, I noticed the office was dimly lit there was only 2 employees working there and I sat down to wait for my interview. During the interview the hiring manager asked me bizarre question and all of a sudden in the middle of the interview the lights went off and the door behind me slowly opened. I turned around and saw the other employee walk in with rope and duct tape; I look back at the "hiring manager' and he lunges forward across the table and grabs a hold of my arms and the other employee began tying me up with the rope and duct taped my mouth shut.

After they restrained me they threw me into a cold room with no windows, I managed to grab my phone out of my back pocket. I dropped it on the ground and tried to manipulate it but noticed there was no phone signal.

Hours passed by I then decided ****k it if I don't resort to force I will just rot in here and never see sunlight again. I then managed to rub up against a sharp edge and began cutting the rope. Once I was free from the rope I grabbed my Glock 42 from my waistband and shot the lock on the door to get out. The two employees realized I was running out of the building and began opening fire on me as I was dodging and turning corners to escape from the building. I got to the exit and there was a shootout in the parking lot and the rest was history.

I managed to survive and escape the interview.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:39 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,850,179 times
^^^^^^ Hmmmm.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:52 PM

285 posts, read 1,206,199 times
No I never done that before, that is very risky thing to do.

Old 10-29-2015, 04:55 PM

2,702 posts, read 2,766,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
One time I was forced to escape from a job interview. I was a bit speculative to begin with since the interview was taking place in a office inside a warehouse. After I arrived, I noticed the office was dimly lit there was only 2 employees working there and I sat down to wait for my interview. During the interview the hiring manager asked me bizarre question and all of a sudden in the middle of the interview the lights went off and the door behind me slowly opened. I turned around and saw the other employee walk in with rope and duct tape; I look back at the "hiring manager' and he lunges forward across the table and grabs a hold of my arms and the other employee began tying me up with the rope and duct taped my mouth shut.

After they restrained me they threw me into a cold room with no windows, I managed to grab my phone out of my back pocket. I dropped it on the ground and tried to manipulate it but noticed there was no phone signal.

Hours passed by I then decided ****k it if I don't resort to force I will just rot in here and never see sunlight again. I then managed to rub up against a sharp edge and began cutting the rope. Once I was free from the rope I grabbed my Glock 42 from my waistband and shot the lock on the door to get out. The two employees realized I was running out of the building and began opening fire on me as I was dodging and turning corners to escape from the building. I got to the exit and there was a shootout in the parking lot and the rest was history.

Uh.....

Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 PM

3,222 posts, read 4,571,179 times
MountainBiking-
I'm thinking that guy had Tourette's syndrome.
Anyway, I never walked out but I came close to doing so a few times.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:10 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,452,022 times
Quote:

Lmao, Jaysus.

For your sake, I am glad you left that interview.

Old 10-30-2015, 03:17 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:

Pfft. That old story. Who doesn't have a few of those experiences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search