Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2015, 07:58 AM

440 posts, read 549,681 times

Advertisements

Little background, A company hired a Technical Account Manger , lady did not accept job. I was part of the 2nd round of interview * was not in first round , not even resume on file*

First interview completed, 2 days later asked to come back.. Down to (2) people. ( from what they say)

I get the basic premise of what to do , I am looking for that SOMETHING SPECIAL TIPS to totally blow competition out of water.

( appreciate all the help on this forum, one of , if not the best, group of posters I'v experienced on the net)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2015, 10:46 AM

3,452 posts, read 4,618,955 times
Nothing special that you can do.

Just be prepared.

Do through research on the company.

Have two or three really good questions to ask when the time comes.

Memorize names of the people that you interview with and be sure to use their names of often (people love to hear their name).

Best wishes.

Old 12-06-2015, 01:17 PM
ERH

1,700 posts, read 2,531,204 times
You need to fully understand what they need (ask what they're biggest pain points are) and describe the ways you can add value. Don't be vague (vague=empty promises).

Old 12-06-2015, 01:30 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
I hate asking g questions during the interview whether first or second because I read the website (if I don't know about the company already) and it is hard for me to really think of questions that are relevant that aren't covered in the job description or company website. This has worked for me I. Five of my last oh 12 interviews over the past year and a quarter.

Old 12-09-2015, 12:51 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,675,363 times
the questions shouldn't necessarily be the kinds of questions that could be answered in a website or job posting (i mean they can be if you have them, but it's ok if you don't). instead, think of "do you have any questions?" as an opportunity to evaluate whether the job is a good fit for YOU. ask about the workplace culture, your potential supervisor's management style, what a typical day or week in the job looks like, what people in the position before you did (or could have done) that made them truly excel, what they would expect you to accomplish in your first year.

another question you should always ask if it hasn't been answered already is "what are the next steps in the hiring process?" because that is just good to know!

approaching questions this way also has the advantage of making you look very confident and thoughtful. a good manager wants you to not just try to do or say everything you can to get the job, but to really give some thought to whether this is a good position and workplace for you to be in. they want you to be thinking about fit as much as they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search