Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:21 PM

345 posts, read 252,432 times

Advertisements

You dodged a bullet is right. I was once invited for lunch by a hiring manager a few days after my interview. As soon as we sat down at the table he looked at me and said, "I'm sorry to say you aren't getting the job." I wanted to flip him off and run out of there, but I didn't. I've left reviews on Glassdoor about the interview experience but they keep getting removed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 07:02 PM

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesfive View Post
I was once invited for lunch by a hiring manager a few days after my interview. As soon as we sat down at the table he looked at me and said, "I'm sorry to say you aren't getting the job." I wanted to flip him off and run out of there, but I didn't..
He might have just wanted you to beg for it. Some people are like that.

Old 04-11-2016, 09:54 PM

3,264 posts, read 5,592,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsthetime View Post
He might have just wanted you to beg for it. Some people are like that.
Or maybe he said that to see what else was in your arsenal, as far as you communicating your value prop to him. Perhaps he was seeing if he could match you up elsewhere in his network

Old 04-11-2016, 10:02 PM

12,847 posts, read 9,060,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milesfive View Post
You dodged a bullet is right. I was once invited for lunch by a hiring manager a few days after my interview. As soon as we sat down at the table he looked at me and said, "I'm sorry to say you aren't getting the job." I wanted to flip him off and run out of there, but I didn't. I've left reviews on Glassdoor about the interview experience but they keep getting removed.

Hope you ordered the most expensive item on the menu.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:39 AM

1,166 posts, read 755,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Geek View Post
This is pure evil. I was waiting to hear the status of a job I had interviewed for and had sent a followup email to the rep I had been working with and here's her reply, quoted exactly:

Just got the call and answered all excitedly and she said they were giving the job to someone else. I was so in shock I just said ok and hung up. I was speechless.

WTF

HR people are the lowest form of life on the planet, most are absolute scumbags that act like they are still the mean girls from high school.

Old 04-12-2016, 11:04 AM

12,713 posts, read 15,539,449 times
I forgot to update this thread. The woman who already messed with me left me another voicemail nearly 2 weeks after declining me saying she wanted to share the reason for me not getting the job. Odd but I thought, great, I'll accept constructive criticism.

Her response "While you were obviously the more qualified of the 2 candidates, we negotiated with and ultimately awarded the position to another candidate who made more sense to our company financially."

Keep in mind, they never asked me about money except to say that the position pays in the range of X to Y would this be acceptable and I said yes.

So what in the world happened here? Did candidate two approach them and say he'd work for the minimum or less than the minimum? Even if he did this it makes no sense to me. If I'm the better candidate you'd think they'd at least ask me if I'd be willing to work for X. This woman must really hate me or something for some reason.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:16 PM

429 posts, read 390,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
HR people are the lowest form of life on the planet, most are absolute scumbags that act like they are still the mean girls from high school.
without a doubt. These lowlifes can't get a job in other fields where you actually need people skills as well as technical abilities. that entire HR field is such useless BS. all you need is a great manager to do all that and completely get rid of HR. Save the $$.

Old 04-12-2016, 07:14 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,544,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone
they're great right? I haven't had a bad experience with HR. They do their job, I do mine. When I apply somewhere, I get direct numbers with people I interview with and the HR person. I find out if I get job later in week or not. If I do, I pass the HR person the info they need, and start working 2-4 weeks after.

Never had an unprofessional person in HR. Maybe this is a case of kettle/pot? Stop acting like kids and they won't treat you like one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search