Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2008, 09:26 PM

212 posts, read 821,964 times

Advertisements

Dont you love this line of crap you get on a interview from the interviewer when she or he says " YOU DEFENITELY HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS TO DO THIS JOB AND YOU ARE REALLY A GOOD MATCH FROM TALKING TO YOU, BUT WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE TO SEE AND WE WILL DEFINITELY GET BACK TO YOU." If they love you so much why are they still looking. You then got your hopes up and then you go home you see a email rejection or never hear from them again. When you call them up after a period of time to check the status you aretreated very cold on the phone. How many times. How many times has this happened to you.

What bothers me is why do they complement you and get your hopes up when they have no intention of hiring you. Employers should say nothing if they really dont want to hire you. What are they scared to say you are not right for the job right to your face.

Last edited by captnemo; 02-14-2008 at 09:41 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2008, 09:39 PM

113 posts, read 277,507 times
Once you realize that everything corporate is BS, that kind of stuff will not bother you as much. I used to be so stressed about all the stupidity and all the stuff in corporate that makes absolutely no sense but since starting my new job, I have decided to just let it go. Once you realize that the system is corrupt, that kind of stuff should be expected behavior.

Old 02-14-2008, 09:48 PM

212 posts, read 821,964 times
I know it is bs, but it still bothers me since job hunting is depressing enough

Old 02-14-2008, 10:01 PM

95 posts, read 83,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by condorito View Post
Once you realize that everything corporate is BS, that kind of stuff will not bother you as much. I used to be so stressed about all the stupidity and all the stuff in corporate that makes absolutely no sense but since starting my new job, I have decided to just let it go. Once you realize that the system is corrupt, that kind of stuff should be expected behavior.
Well put!

Old 02-14-2008, 10:28 PM

1,368 posts, read 6,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captnemo View Post
Dont you love this line of crap you get on a interview from the interviewer when she or he says " YOU DEFENITELY HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS TO DO THIS JOB AND YOU ARE REALLY A GOOD MATCH FROM TALKING TO YOU, BUT WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE TO SEE AND WE WILL DEFINITELY GET BACK TO YOU." If they love you so much why are they still looking. You then got your hopes up and then you go home you see a email rejection or never hear from them again. When you call them up after a period of time to check the status you aretreated very cold on the phone. How many times. How many times has this happened to you.

What bothers me is why do they complement you and get your hopes up when they have no intention of hiring you. Employers should say nothing if they really dont want to hire you. What are they scared to say you are not right for the job right to your face.
I've never had someone tell me that and not at least have the intention of looking further at me.

The issue is, if they have more people to see, that means that there may be someone who just totally wows them. You don't know what their reasons are. Your best bet, if you get a rejection letter is to ask, "What were the major factors influencing your decision"? If they say, "We found someone more qualified, sorry" then don't feel bad. It means that particular person won't be applying for the next job.

If they don't get back to you, then you can be pretty sure they blew smoke up your ass, and since its corporate... oh well.

Old 02-15-2008, 07:52 AM

732 posts, read 4,158,065 times
Whenever you get rejected in any way ask them how you can improve so it doesnt happen again.

Old 02-15-2008, 08:22 AM

9,527 posts, read 30,480,690 times
Quote:
Dont you love this line of crap you get on a interview from the interviewer when she or he says " YOU DEFENITELY HAVE THE QUALIFICATIONS TO DO THIS JOB AND YOU ARE REALLY A GOOD MATCH FROM TALKING TO YOU, BUT WE HAVE MORE PEOPLE TO SEE AND WE WILL DEFINITELY GET BACK TO YOU." .
They are softly rejecting you. If you've heard this more than once, the problem is most likely you, not them.

Old 02-15-2008, 11:26 AM

Location: Lived Large in Parsippany NJ - Lived Larger in Livingston, NJ -- Now Living Huge in Bethlehem PA
466 posts, read 2,200,289 times
Default Been thrown under the corporate bus huh?

It is usually a soft rejection line but I have heard it several times and most times I was called back for two or three more interviews. Normally they say this after the salary requirement discussion but if you play your game right they will try to work with you.

They try to boost your ego a little with that line so you dont come back in there with a gun looking for the folks who interviewed you..lol..!!!

============

Quote:

Old 02-15-2008, 03:36 PM

4,978 posts, read 9,515,416 times
Quote:

I have found from job hunting "form replies" can mean 3 things:

1-They don't want you, and are saying no.
2-They are stockpiling your resume and there wasn't probably an open position to begin with.
3-They are looking at other candidates to see who they can get the cheapest, and you still may have a shot at the job. That's why they are still looking, that's why YOU still keep looking.
See...they would drop you instantly if they found someone cheaper, so always keep your options open.
I know...it is depressing, because people are so greedy and money oriented now.
It's not what you know, it's who you ___.

Old 02-16-2008, 09:50 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
Quote:
I know it is bs, but it still bothers me since job hunting is depressing enough
Quite frankly.......job interviews aren't about making YOU feel all warm n snuggly....they are about finding the best fit for a company.

I'd probably be more concerned if you didn't have so many trollish posts around....all whinning because YOU dont fit in anywhere....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search