Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2016, 03:31 PM

901 posts, read 747,412 times

Advertisements

"You're not worth our time or effort to hire, train, and cater to your entitled attitude. The outrageous amount of spelling and grammar mistakes in your application make it clear that you are not xyz company material. We also think you may be low class and smell. When you being to take your life seriously and think you have what it takes to work for xyz company, then please reapply. Until then, thanks for the laughs!" - Is this a better, more honest response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 03:48 PM

529 posts, read 508,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarMaDraMa View Post
I just don't get why so many HR reps send out rejection emails chockful of lies. Not only are you wasting MY time by sending me an email to read in the first place, but you're also wasting your time by writing it. I don't get what's up with all the lies either.

"We thank you for taking your time to send the application/or resume"

"We hope you reapply again!"

"We will keep your resume on file for future openings"

"We think you might be a match for a future opening".

Come on, I wasn't born yesterday! If I send something and don't hear back in a day or two, I think it's safe to say you're not interested. Fine, I've already moved on applied to other jobs by then anyway. I get that they're trying to be kind by sending out rejections, but why do they have to sugarcoat it with lies? I don't need your sympathy or your fake "kindness".
There is a place I kept applying to. I applied twice and never got any response. Maybe a year+ later I applied and got to the online test...I had no computer or internet at the time...where I took it the connection died and with it me passing the test. Months later I applied again. I am now in the last phase of the hiring process, and just need to pass the background check...I dunno maybe there is a step after. Don't know. BUT if you want it you gotta keep applying and reapplying, and you may very well get it. Not saying you will, but you sure as hell won't if you don't even apply. Maybe it's because the needs of the personnel are different, or maybe I am just better now. Who knows, but if I do end up working there I will be happy as a cow on milking day that I didn't listen to you!!!

Old 08-26-2016, 05:33 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
Quote:
I just don't get why so many HR reps send out rejection emails chockful of lies.
I never got a rejection email. It was always a letter. I don't believe I ever got lies. Perhaps your experiences were different for other reasons...

Old 08-26-2016, 05:46 PM

64 posts, read 55,448 times
Personally, I don't like it unless I actually get the job I apply for.

The rejection part is what sucks. How they go about rejecting me is irrelevant.

Old 08-26-2016, 05:50 PM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
I just don't get why so many HR reps send out rejection emails chockful of lies. Not only are you wasting MY time by sending me an email to read in the first place, but you're also wasting your time by writing it. I don't get what's up with all the lies either.

Come on, I wasn't born yesterday! If I send something and don't hear back in a day or two, I think it's safe to say you're not interested. Fine, I've already moved on applied to other jobs by then anyway. I get that they're trying to be kind by sending out rejections, but why do they have to sugarcoat it with lies? I don't need your sympathy or your fake "kindness".
For the same reason you say, "sorry I don't have any change" to the homeless people outside the grocery store (even though you have $100 in cash in your wallet)... To make them think you actually give a damn.

Old 08-26-2016, 08:15 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,590,841 times
Quote:

The real reason you didn't get the job, is because the nephew of the department manager decided he wanted it.

Old 08-26-2016, 09:08 PM

16,709 posts, read 19,416,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky1975 View Post
"We also think you may be low class and smell. When you being to take your life seriously and think you have what it takes to work for xyz company, then please reapply. Until then, thanks for the laughs!
I just snorted my beer!

Old 08-26-2016, 11:11 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,216,463 times
At least they had the courtesy to reply and not leave you hanging.

Old 08-27-2016, 06:14 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
I think the OP is translating the notice correctly. The disingenuous context is weaved thru the notice.

The overall conveyance is to give final notice to the prospect.

How they cookie cut it is questionable.

I actually had a rejection notice that highlighted the key elements from the meeting and how they gave feedback on it. The HR lady was forthright. I respected that.

Believe it or not, the person rejected today may be that account you want in the future. We had a college grad hyped to make 75k fresh out of college. His career talents fell in the 55k range. He was rejected. Five years later... a request for an appointment to meet with a sales rep incurred. The business owner was the young chap we had declined. He was now our account. He mentioned that the way our business handled the entire interview and rejection was commendable. No hard feelings.. which is why both sides need to have the draw bridge attitude ...and not the burn the bridge attitude.

Good luck with the skill to delete upon reading the notice or taking it as a draw bridge ..

Old 08-27-2016, 06:23 AM

363 posts, read 433,410 times
Quote:
But there is no need for an email. It's just stupid.
I'd much rather get an email saying I am not hired than get nothing at all. If I apply for a job I really want or a a desired company then I may hold my breath longer than usual waiting to hear from them. If I get a rejection email, then I can apply at other jobs without feeling like I may miss out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search