Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-28-2017, 06:22 PM

5,724 posts, read 7,485,113 times

Advertisements

My employer posted two fake positive reviews. They are playing with people's lives.

I applied to a job but I am going to pass on the assessment. The reviews sound just like my present employment. Nice position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2017, 07:46 PM

4,418 posts, read 2,945,586 times
I only pay attention to the number of negative reviews. Most people are aware of fake reviews. My previous employer had 30 employees and encouraged current and former employees to post reviews (obviously positive). They had like 10 positive reviews. The glass door reviews seem so obviously encouraged that it had to have a negative effect. It wasn't a bad employer though, but from the outside I would have seen a red flag.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:07 AM

My company is a bad company. I knew exactly what I was getting myself into. I am disgusted but there are no surprises. I had no choice. The job is serving its purpose but I am on the look out for a better opportunity. I would hate for a person to leave their job to come to my company. People do not last.

I am glad that people post their experience. The position I want to apply to seems like a good opportunity but I know better.

Old 10-29-2017, 06:48 AM

370 posts, read 504,912 times
My last employer was a true creep. His former ex-partner now sits in federal prison..and my boss was their staring witness. When I was working for him, in a small office, he had camera's everywhere, friends he hired as spies, expected everyone to sit for eight hours and not talk, "cleaned" house ..aka firing people near Christmas. The morale was low and most, if not all, were miserable.

It wasn't till I heard our boss had many affairs with women there..and his wife was pregnant with their fifth child. I got out. The reviews on that place made it sound like a day in paradise. It's a shame because if I had even read two reviews describing what it was really like (even just expected to sit for eight hours without moving) I wouldn't have gone on the interview. It was found out he patrolled the sites and wrote glowing reviews and got rid of the bad ones"

Old 10-29-2017, 12:15 PM

How did he get rid of the bad ones? I never worked at a place where I disliked everyone. I need to stay away from small companies. Yuck!

Old 10-31-2017, 12:47 PM

Location: East of Seattle since 1992, 615' Elevation, Zone 8b - originally from SF Bay Area
44,585 posts, read 81,206,701 times
Whether real or fake, reviews are not very useful. Those who hate it there will post negative reviews, those who like it there post good reviews. Just like buying a car, tires, or appliances, where you will get everything from 1 to 5 stars. With employers, the numbers of reviewers are not usually enough to consider it an accurate trend. If it's a concern, better to meet and talk to some of the employees, if you don't know anyone working there. Easy enough to find them on Linkedin.

Old 10-31-2017, 02:19 PM

334 posts, read 221,545 times
People say you can't believe everything you read on the Internet. However, the places I have worked do have accurate reviews both the good and bad ones. It all depends on how large the company is and which area you are working. For smaller companies, if I see all bad reviews, I am not even going to bother interviewing. I just did a temp gig for a small company and it was the worst experience ever. The reviews on Glassdoor were 100% accurate.

Old 10-31-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemlock140 View Post
Whether real or fake, reviews are not very useful. Those who hate it there will post negative reviews, those who like it there post good reviews. Just like buying a car, tires, or appliances, where you will get everything from 1 to 5 stars. With employers, the numbers of reviewers are not usually enough to consider it an accurate trend. If it's a concern, better to meet and talk to some of the employees, if you don't know anyone working there. Easy enough to find them on Linkedin.
I can not speak for other places but no one is happy at my job. I work with the nastiest people in creation.

People usually do not last more than 3 month. She traps you by paying you a couple of extra bucks. I bought in to it for a little while. I will gladly take the pay cut. I want out.

There is an opportunity I am really interested. I will not proceed because the reviews remind me of my present company. I probably would have discounted it if it were not for the fact I work in hell. These places exist. I know we have our financial obligations but you become something different when you are trapped by money. I am in abusive relationship. That is unacceptable to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search