Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2018, 04:03 AM

669 posts, read 582,407 times

Advertisements

I applied for a position on one of the job boards back in the early spring. Frankly, I had forgot about it. Recieved a message that they had filled the position and thanking me for my interest in the position. (I never had an interview btw). A few days later I get another message ( same job, same job board) letting me know that they are in phase two of their hiring and that they did not choose me to move forward. (No kidding) . This Job search has opened my eyes to the crazy world of hiring practices and goofy communications.

Yesterday I recieved a personal email from another company inviting me to interview the very next day stating that they are anxious to fill the position. I was offered 3 time slots to click on my preference. All in 30 minute succession. Uh, no notice. I ignored the email. They ignored my application for months since I applied. I had to look up the job description since I totally forgot what it was. ( I decided I was not interested) .

And, no, The hiring manager at a third company who personally emailed to set an interview time ten days ago ( I responded with my time preference) NEVER got back to me to confirm the interview time.

The circus continues....good thing that I have a sense of humor though I prefer landing a job.

Last edited by STLgaltoo; 07-10-2018 at 04:11 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2018, 03:05 PM

1,063 posts, read 696,886 times
It just gets worse and worse.

I am mentoring a fellow alumni from my school and we're going through the same BS. Our industry usually you need to work with a recruiter to get anywhere. We're however focusing on a mix of direct LinkedIN applications, recruiters and referrals through my network. Hopefully between 1 of the 3 something will pan out soon for him as the fiscal year just started for some companies, so hopefully hiring will be up through the end of September.

Old 07-10-2018, 05:06 PM

669 posts, read 582,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MechaMan View Post
It just gets worse and worse.

I am mentoring a fellow alumni from my school and we're going through the same BS. Our industry usually you need to work with a recruiter to get anywhere. We're however focusing on a mix of direct LinkedIN applications, recruiters and referrals through my network. Hopefully between 1 of the 3 something will pan out soon for him as the fiscal year just started for some companies, so hopefully hiring will be up through the end of September.
Yep....,this job search has become a game.......fortunately I am still employed and not desparate....amused...tho.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search