Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 10:37 AM

72 posts, read 31,122 times

Advertisements

So I have an interview this week. I got their email for directions to the place. In the email it says, arrive 15 mins early to fill out a section of the application.

So my question is, what could this section be? I had applied on indeed. This morning they called me to ask me to apply directly to their website for full consideration. Then two hours later, they called back to set up an interview. What did they leave out of the application online that I need to fill out at their office?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 02:43 PM

23,306 posts, read 18,852,325 times
How would anyone here know? When you get to the interview and fill out the form guess you'll find out!

Old 07-02-2019, 04:47 PM

72 posts, read 31,122 times
Sorry thought I just ask. Thought someone might know. Thanks.

When I worked for the Government in the stay in school program, I did have to fill out forms of my bank account number, SSN and agreement form to keep everything confidential. However, I highly doubt that's what I will be filling out. As you said, I will find out when I get there.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 PM

6,830 posts, read 3,221,653 times
It might be a section on Reference checks. We always had candidates send in their application prior to the interview to check references. The funniest one was the candidate who stated there might be some "red flags" on his references. Lo and behold, there certainly were. Such as "I cannot recommend this candidate for employment for the following reasons: Blah, blah, blah. He didn't get the job.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:00 PM

5,317 posts, read 3,228,935 times
Perhaps this is a background check document?

Old 07-02-2019, 07:30 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,050,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
It might be a section on Reference checks. We always had candidates send in their application prior to the interview to check references. The funniest one was the candidate who stated there might be some "red flags" on his references. Lo and behold, there certainly were. Such as "I cannot recommend this candidate for employment for the following reasons: Blah, blah, blah. He didn't get the job.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
Perhaps this is a background check document?
^^^^Yes, this is my guess. You need to authorize them to conduct background and reference checks if they decide to move forward based on the interview.

Old 07-04-2019, 09:56 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,806,335 times
I went on an interview a few years back where they had already received my resume and had me fill out an online application with the exact same info. When I got there, they had me fill out a paper application with the exact same info again.

Old 07-04-2019, 12:43 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
I went on an interview a few years back where they had already received my resume and had me fill out an online application with the exact same info. When I got there, they had me fill out a paper application with the exact same info again.
Exactly, they received my resume from email and when I get there I have to fill out an application and state everything on the resume

Old 07-04-2019, 01:44 PM

74 posts, read 55,329 times
The reason that occurs to me is that you could have had anyone fill out the online application for you and they wouldn't know. By putting you in a room with a piece of paper for fifteen minutes, they can confirm that you are capable of writing a literate and grammatically correct sentence, and that you actually have personal knowledge of all the things you claimed on your application.

At least that is the rationale used by my employer for telling applicants to arrive fifteen minutes early so that they can provide a written response to one of the interview questions. Applicants who use text-speak and acronyms in their written responses do not move on to the next phase of the hiring process.

Old 07-04-2019, 03:02 PM

7,019 posts, read 3,751,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r03ix9A View Post
The reason that occurs to me is that you could have had anyone fill out the online application for you and they wouldn't know. By putting you in a room with a piece of paper for fifteen minutes, they can confirm that you are capable of writing a literate and grammatically correct sentence, and that you actually have personal knowledge of all the things you claimed on your application.

At least that is the rationale used by my employer for telling applicants to arrive fifteen minutes early so that they can provide a written response to one of the interview questions. Applicants who use text-speak and acronyms in their written responses do not move on to the next phase of the hiring process.
I didn't think it was possible for a human to use text speak when communicating with employers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search