Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-11-2024, 09:08 AM

1,841 posts, read 1,489,523 times

Advertisements

I graduated college in 2020 and I will not get into details, but I am currently living with some family, working my entry level job where I am overworked and have a long commute, living situation kind of sucks at this point due to family issues, I hate the state where I live, and I am becoming desperate to move back across the country and rent a place. I have applied for jobs from USAjobs in the past, but never applied correctly, and only applied for a few postings on there.

I started applying for way more jobs from USAjobs starting the beginning of this January following the instructions correctly and taking the applications seriously. I use the resume builder and store a few resumes where one would be tailored to a certain type of role I commonly see on USAjobs. I am applying for hybrid and in person jobs, so they will not be saturated as fully remote jobs. Throughout the end of January and throughout February, I have been getting emails saying I was referred to the hiring manager. As of 2024, if I get selected for an interview, how long after referral would I even get invited to an interview?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2024, 03:49 PM

23,250 posts, read 18,764,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moshywilly View Post
I graduated college in 2020 and I will not get into details, but I am currently living with some family, working my entry level job where I am overworked and have a long commute, living situation kind of sucks at this point due to family issues, I hate the state where I live, and I am becoming desperate to move back across the country and rent a place. I have applied for jobs from USAjobs in the past, but never applied correctly, and only applied for a few postings on there.

I started applying for way more jobs from USAjobs starting the beginning of this January following the instructions correctly and taking the applications seriously. I use the resume builder and store a few resumes where one would be tailored to a certain type of role I commonly see on USAjobs. I am applying for hybrid and in person jobs, so they will not be saturated as fully remote jobs. Throughout the end of January and throughout February, I have been getting emails saying I was referred to the hiring manager. As of 2024, if I get selected for an interview, how long after referral would I even get invited to an interview?
It's a good sign you're being referred on to hiring officials. That's a sign you're getting over process hurdles and that you're meeting the eligibility and qualifications of the vacancies. As for timing, too many variables to predict. Lots of vacancies (permanent, seasonal, temporary) get announced in January so OPM's workload is high. Also depends on how much the actual hiring official keeps after their OPM service provider. If the hire is very time sensitive the process can happen more quickly. If the vacancy is primarily to create a register multiple offices could hire off of, no telling how long before you receive an invitation to an interview.

Old 03-11-2024, 04:09 PM

3,023 posts, read 2,235,771 times
It can be months or even a year, at least for some of my friends. If you haven't, be sure to log into your account to check on your status because sometimes they don't send email updates for each step of the process, and the first referral doesn't mean a heck of a lot. Also, even making the first few cuts doesn't necessarily mean you'll get an interview.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search