Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 01:36 PM

139 posts, read 254,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiley-con View Post
IF YOU WERE TO LOOK IN EVERY MAN OR WOMANS HEART AND MIND YOU WOULD SEE MANY MANY SINS!!!!! I do not judge someone who has paid for there crimes. but i do watch them and offer encouragement. The difference between a convict and people is that the convict got caught regular people haveny yet!!!!!!!!!
That's actually true. Especially when money/power comes into play. Ever see what the sense of self-entitlement does to people? Go visit a war torn country and you'll see what I mean. Or WalMart on Black Friday, same scenario.
Majority of people's hearts are full of sin.
They just need an excuse to let it poor out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 01:51 PM

2,353 posts, read 5,373,059 times
Having sex with relatives huh...You must be from Tennessee also

Old 12-04-2009, 03:52 AM

206 posts, read 571,588 times
As a fellow exfelon, I sorely feel your pain. The best advice I can give anyone is to either, get a job with a relitive, or lie your ass off. thats how I got my current job. If you go with a smaller company they tend not to check. No harm in trying. And your degree don't mean jack squat with your record. Good Luck!

Old 01-19-2012, 02:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,143 times
I need help finding a job here in tulsa,ok I have a a&b charge I been having it for a few years I like warehouse jobs so that's what I been looking into please help if u can

Old 01-19-2012, 02:18 PM

831 posts, read 2,825,288 times
You shouldn't have had sex with a little kid.
You can forget it.
You're only chance is a small company or under the table.

Old 01-26-2014, 05:14 AM

2 posts, read 2,796 times
My son got caught selling weed 5 years ago and can't find a job. He only did this one time and was set up by someone who did not like him. He did no jail time but was sentence as a felon. Sense then he has stop smoking cigarettes, drinking and pot. He said that was the best thing that could of ever happen to him. He is a changed man. The sad thing about all of this is he is not able to get a job. Some of you out there say real mean and bad things about felons. I think this is real sad. All people make mistakes and are not perfect and I feel we all need a chance in life. I never had a felon but I will say I am not perfect and have made bad decisions in my life like taking drugs and doing weed in my stupid pathetic young adult life. I don't do that crap anymore. But we do need to learn by our mistake and try to better our self as people. I think employers are too quick to judge. And I don't feel this is right. They need to look at the situation and give that person a chance. If you don't like them then get rid of them. But at least give them a chance. There are good men that once was a felon. What really gets me mad is now it is legal to sell pot as a prescription drug and in some state it is league to smoke and grow pot. But here the don't give breaks on a changed man that made a stupid mistake for selling pot only one time.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:15 AM

544 posts, read 1,439,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cf123456 View Post
My son got caught selling weed 5 years ago and can't find a job. He only did this one time and was set up by someone who did not like him. He did no jail time but was sentence as a felon. Sense then he has stop smoking cigarettes, drinking and pot. He said that was the best thing that could of ever happen to him. He is a changed man. The sad thing about all of this is he is not able to get a job. Some of you out there say real mean and bad things about felons. I think this is real sad. All people make mistakes and are not perfect and I feel we all need a chance in life. I never had a felon but I will say I am not perfect and have made bad decisions in my life like taking drugs and doing weed in my stupid pathetic young adult life. I don't do that crap anymore. But we do need to learn by our mistake and try to better our self as people. I think employers are too quick to judge. And I don't feel this is right. They need to look at the situation and give that person a chance. If you don't like them then get rid of them. But at least give them a chance. There are good men that once was a felon. What really gets me mad is now it is legal to sell pot as a prescription drug and in some state it is league to smoke and grow pot. But here the don't give breaks on a changed man that made a stupid mistake for selling pot only one time.
How hard is he trying to find a job? My husband has never had an issue finding a job as a felon. Stick to small companies who are less than likely to want to pay for a background check. Check under the listings for laborer on craigslist. Something will turn up, he needs to just keep trying.

Old 08-19-2014, 03:52 AM

1 posts, read 1,757 times
What are some small companies in Memphis Tennessee that will hire felons

Old 08-19-2014, 07:06 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,207,489 times
Anything construction related doesn't care

Old 05-20-2015, 05:49 PM

2 posts, read 6,950 times
Honestly it's pretty hard to get a job if you are a felon. Well that's if you do not want to work at a factory. I did some searching and found a website that has some pretty good information. It's http://www.hirefelons.org Also some people would benifit from temp places. My friend got a job making 15 an hour. It's at a factory but hell its better then a crap load of jobs in the area. Lawn care is good too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search