Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2010, 05:31 PM

68 posts, read 344,837 times

Advertisements

I went to an interview today. It went well (atleast I thought it did ). I would like to send out a "thank you" note to the two people that took the time to interview me....the thing is, I have no idea as to how to word it in a professional manner.

Can someone please help me with wording? Thank you SO much!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2010, 09:23 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,223,254 times
some examples...please personalize to your interview..mention how you really fit the organization/position and your skills/experience match with the job descritption...maybe mention something personal the three of you discussed...keep it short sweet but at the same time use it as another opportunity to sell yourself...good luck

Interview Thank You Notes:
Dear Mr. Moody:

Thanks for taking the time to meet with me about the account executive position yesterday. The job seems like a very good match for my skills and interests. The strategies you outlined are just my style and I know I would hit the ground running.

In addition to my 8 years of experience in your industry, I will bring strong writing and leadership skills as well as a ton of energy to your team. I've also got solid organizational skills and know I could help bring order to the areas you mentioned.

I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

--------------------------
To a Recruiter:

Dear [Recruiter],

I appreciated the chance to talk to you on the phone the other day about the accounting position. I know my attention to detail and strong organizational skills will make me a good candidate at another firm, if not [Company X].

Thanks again for your time. Please call me at 555-555-5555 if you have any questions.

Regards,

Dear Mr. Gates,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the sales engineer position at Company X with me. After meeting with you and Ms. Green, I am further convinced that my background and skills coincide with your needs. In addition to my education and experience, I will bring excellent attention to detail and ingenuity to this position, as we discussed.

Thanks also for introducing me to the team and showing me the campus. I know I would enjoy working with you and your group, though I worry about how many more of those outrageous cookies I'll eat from the cafeteria.

I look forward to hearing from you concerning your hiring decision. I appreciate your consideration.

Sincerely,

More Interview Thank You Notes:
Mr. Lewis,

It was a pleasure to meet you this afternoon. I was impressed with your department's energy and positive attitude. I would definitely enjoy being a part of that and know I could contribute even more creativity to your already cutting-edge group.

Good luck with the guitar lessons. I hope we get another chance to discuss music-- I don't often find people who like The Buzz as much as I do!

Best regards,

Dear Mr. Tuttle,

I enjoyed speaking with you yesterday regarding the sales position. I have a new respect for Tuttle & Sons after hearing about its humble beginnings. Your plans for further expansion sound exciting and I hope I can contribute to your future success with my CRM experience and entrepreneurial background.

Thank you for taking the time to meet with me and introduce me to Mr. Cobb. I look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerely,

Dear Tom,

Thank you for taking the time to discuss the accounting position with me. After meeting with you and Lisa, I am sure that my background and skills fit your needs. In addition to my education and experience, I will bring excellent attention to detail and organizational skills to this job.

I look forward to hearing from you concerning your hiring decision. I appreciate your consideration.

Sincerely,

Dear Lisa:

Thanks for taking the time to meet with me about the accounting position the other day. The job seems like a very good match for my skills and interests. I know I would be an asset to your company.

I am very interested in working for you and look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Dear Mr. Lee,

Thank you for meeting with me about the financial analyst position. From what you told me about the job, it sounds like a great match for my skills. I have always enjoyed detailed work and am known for being organized and logical.

I appreciate your time and hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,

Graduate School / Graduate Program Interview Thank You Note

---------------------------

Dear Mr./Ms. X,

It was a pleasure meeting you last Friday. I enjoyed learning a bit more about your department; your answers to my questions were very helpful.

I'm eager to start the next step in my career and I believe I have a good deal to offer [grad school name]. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

More Interview Thank You Notes:

Hi Nikki,

Thank you so much for helping me get the accounting position. I'm really looking forward to starting and I know I'll do well. I so appreciate the time and effort you put into making it happen.

Thanks again,

Dear Ms. Singh:

Thanks for taking the time to discuss the technical recruiter position with me today. I think my background in recruiting makes me a strong candidate, as does my attention to detail and organizational skills. I know I would hit the ground running.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email or call me again at [phone number].

Regards,

When You Didn't Get the Job::

Dear Mr. French:

Thanks for taking the time to meet with me about the accounting position the other day. I understand you went with a different candidate but I'm glad I got the chance to meet you and learn more about your company.

Best wishes in the future.

Sincerely,

Old 03-03-2010, 07:09 AM

68 posts, read 344,837 times
Thank you SO much for all of the examples....I really do appreciate it!

=D

Old 03-04-2010, 02:42 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,825,286 times
Holy crap! Thanks Zippy, gonna bookmark this. This site probably says the same things.
Free Sample Job Interview and Career Thank-You Letters

Old 03-04-2010, 08:21 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,223,254 times
no problems...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Work and Employment > Job Search