Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2010, 04:49 PM

86 posts, read 258,919 times

Advertisements

Is there any big tax advantages or any real reason to prefer one over the other?property taxs?I could work out of the edwardsville ks area.When i checked it out before it seemed kinda pricey.its tough trying to figure out where to live,i dont have to commute every day so i could live in mo.ive seen plenty of old homes for sale at good prices,just not sure how bad one area is over anouther.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2010, 04:16 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I think Kansas has higher property tax.

Old 08-19-2010, 06:22 AM

1,662 posts, read 4,501,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I think Kansas has higher property tax.
Not necessarily or they are often offset by the KCMO earnings tax or other taxes when combined. The has been covered extensively if the OP chooses to do a little searching in this section of the forum. The bottom line generally agreed upon is that taxes should not be a significant deciding factor in choosing where to live.

Best of luck to you!

Old 08-19-2010, 10:02 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,871,538 times
I wouldn't worry about taxes. The differences between MO and KS are more about the kind of lifestyle you want. KCMO offers the urban options the Kansas side does not have and while both MO and KS have nice suburban areas, I wouldn't live clear on the other side of the metro from where you work.

Edwardsville, and western Wyandotte County in general, has a more rural feel to it than most suburban areas around town.

I'm sure you can find something on the west side of the metro. But if you think you might enjoy living in the city, then you will have to get more specific on the areas and types of housing you are looking at for more help.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:11 AM

21 posts, read 51,470 times
Kansas when taking all the taxes out there together has higher taxes. But it not significant enough if you have to pinch pennies or think you can pocket significant money if all things are equal but taxes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: