Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:10 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,730,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
No problem. I'm sure both of you are nice people. I'll summons CrownVic95 to the scene if he gets out of line, though.
Would love to meet you all.

We'd all probably spend the first 15 minutes laughing and shaking our heads at the night/day differences between the online persona and the real person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 04:39 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,274,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic95 View Post
would love to meet you all.

we'd all probably spend the first 15 minutes laughing and shaking our heads at the night/day differences between the online persona and the real person.
kcmo might even grow on us if we met him in person!

Old 05-19-2014, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoNative34 View Post
No problem. I'm sure both of you are nice people. I'll summons CrownVic95 to the scene if he gets out of line, though.
Okay, good! Because I'm not really looking to get into any bar fights!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:11 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,730,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Okay, good! Because I'm not really looking to get into any bar fights!
If we're going to meet in Texas, it's gotta be in Keene (Johnson County), Texas. That way we know it'll be safe.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
If we're going to meet in Texas, it's gotta be in Keene (Johnson County), Texas. That way we know it'll be safe.
Yup! That should upset kcmo!

Old 05-23-2014, 12:06 AM

300 posts, read 349,430 times
First time looking through the KC forums and I notice alot of the JoCo vs KCMo debates. I have been in KC for the past couple of months for a co-op and from what I see, I see how silly it is to debate what is better. For my preference between JoCo and KCMo, I see it like picking if you vote democratic or republican. I see that JoCo is republican leaning and KCMo as leaning democrat. It is a bad idea to constantly worsen the urban sprawl by having competition between two different regions for different tax offering. I lived in Milwaukee for quite sometime and honestly, the city isn't all that lively considering that even the suburbs of Milwaukee are taxed way too high for the majority of the residents being blue collar, but it doesn't mean that I go on a rampage that Milwaukee is better than Waukesha County (because to some extent, Waukesha County is much safer than Milwaukee with exception of Waukesha City). My personal preference is KCMo just because the people who reside in KCMo mostly have a left leaning viewpoint like I do and I had good experiences with Missouri providing public service (Missouri did issue me refunds on time and it was when I filed for taxes back in February. It took no more than a week or two to get them. Wisconsin took longer based on my experience). Also, I had better experience with finding employment compared to Milwaukee where Milwaukee has no varying economic opportunity whatsoever. Most jobs I hear leave to either Madison or out of state. I am sure GraniteStater will agree with me when I say that Madison is doing economically well. However, everyone is not the same people as everyone is going to have different experiences no matter the variables. If you are satisfied with how Kansas provides public service, thats all that matters. No place is perfect.

Last edited by 94buickcentury; 05-23-2014 at 12:17 AM..

Old 05-23-2014, 12:49 AM

300 posts, read 349,430 times
I also want to say that anyplace is better than East St. Louis unless if there is an E STL fanboy existing in this planet which I will find funny.

E STL Fan "don't talk crap about east St. Louis. The crime statistics were falsified because the numbers were made up by people who live across the Mississippi River to steal our businesses. We have safe schools and people are picking on our poor mayor. Mayor Alvin is a victim. The noise you hear that sounds like a gun isn't a gun. It is because our town residents have a bad gas problem and we just happen to fart too loud."

Old 06-15-2014, 09:32 PM

Just thought I'd report that here it is June 15th, and we STILL have not gotten our Missouri tax refund. We live in Kansas and my husband works in Missouri. Missouri taxes are always taken out and then we get a refund. Usually we get it pretty fast, but they weren't lying when they said the refunds were being held this year. I think it's kind of ridiculous that they are holding onto OUR money that was paid in all of 2013 that was never theirs to begin with. Apparently we can't change the withholding; the only thing we can do is pay it in and then get a refund. I wonder how many other people haven't gotten refunds yet? We filed electronically and our return was accepted within a couple of days. It's been over two months since we filed.

http://www.kansascity.com/news/artic...r-refunds.html

“They’re not behind in processing, they are just choosing to hold the money for whatever reason,” said Geier of Raytown, who has worked in tax preparation for 35 years.

As of Thursday, Missouri had issued about 1,360,000 refunds, said Michelle Gleba, Missouri Department of Revenue director of communications. That left about 310,000 refunds, totaling more than $139 million, owed to state taxpayers.
“Last year at this time, all tax refunds had been issued,” Gleba wrote in an email.

“The department is working to issue refunds as quickly as possible and as cash flow allows; the amount of revenue available is one consideration.”

“It is hard to give refunds if there is no money in the tills,” Rizzo said. “Last year, no one foresaw revenue being this flat for so long. The tax policies in place don’t behoove us bringing money in for a quick turnaround, either.”

Last edited by luzianne; 06-15-2014 at 10:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City