Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 06:49 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,281,297 times

Advertisements

I guess it doesn't count since it's on the Kansas side and it's not "WOE IS ME!" news. Go Sporting!

Sporting Club plans to build U.S. national soccer training center in KCK | The Kansas City Star
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2014, 10:33 AM

638 posts, read 625,225 times
That's funny, seeing as 'KCMO' actually roots for KCK.

The amount of Kansas City vs. Kansas bait threads these past few weeks is stunning. It makes you wonder how prospective transplants feel about moving to this area. I would bet my house and car that this forum has more intra-metro infighting than any other forum. It's ridiculous; it must stop.

I don't get this metro. One side gets something nice, and its used to bash rather than say "look how great Greater Kansas City is!" I used to be happy for Joco...until I learned more about their attitudes.

What a joke of a metro (or is it just the forum?)

Last edited by Moboy32; 07-24-2014 at 10:41 AM..

Old 07-24-2014, 10:59 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,012,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post

The amount of Kansas City vs. Kansas bait threads these past few weeks is stunning. It makes you wonder how prospective transplants feel about moving to this area. I would bet my house and car that this forum has more intra-metro infighting than any other forum. It's ridiculous; it must stop.

I don't get this metro. One side gets something nice, and its used to bash rather than say "look how great Greater Kansas City is!" I used to be happy for Joco...until I learned more about their attitudes.

Its more the forum... While there is of course Kansas-Missouri dislike.. I think more of that stems from the old College sports rivalry and not as much real hate for the states. I actually like some parts of both states and dislike other parts of both states. I'd pick Missouri over Kansas now just simply because Kansas has gone insanely far to the right in the last few years.

As for the training complex. This is great publicity especially in World Cup years and of course for Sporting KC itself if they can use this to possibly recruit top talent to the team. Can Cerner buy the Royals yet?

Old 07-24-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:

Well, this is the only thread I started so guess who started all the other threads? And this thread was just in response to kcmo's most recent baiting thread.

Actually, kcmo does not root for KCK. The whole Legends/Village West thing irks him to death. He's mad the Sporting KC is at Village West instead of KCMO and he's also mad that Cerner chose to locate out there.

Last edited by luzianne; 07-24-2014 at 03:54 PM..

Old 07-24-2014, 03:54 PM

638 posts, read 625,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Well, this is the only thread I started so guess who started all the other threads? And this thread was just in response to kcmo's most recent baiting thread. He's mad that Sporting KC isn't located in KCMO and also that Cerner chose western KCK.

Actually, kcmo does not root for KCK. The whole Legends/Village West thing irks him to death. He's mad the Sporting KC is at Village West instead of KCMO and he's also mad that Cerner chose to locate out there.
Its still a baiting thread, regardless of who started it. I seem to remember you starting some others but I don't have the time to look for them. I'm just saying this is a petty, pathetic forum filled with hypocrisy and thinly veiled jabs at each others sides of the metro. Nothing productive; just bickering and bashing, my sides better than your side. Why do people even try to hide the obvious biases?

Maybe I'm taking this to far, but there are certain posters who dominate this forum and give it a bad vibe and encourage lots of mud slinging.

Old 07-24-2014, 04:15 PM

20 posts, read 41,872 times
Moboy32, I completely agree with you. I am interested in moving to the KC area so I've been following this forum for a while. It used to have a lot of interesting topics, and discussion of civic issues, but now it's just a lot of in-fighting. It's fine for people to disagree, but this is way beyond that. Is there even a mod in this forum?

Old 07-24-2014, 04:31 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
I have NEVER experienced any of the bickering crap that goes on on these forums in real life, living on either side of State Line Road. Honestly. Nobody really cares enough to have these stupid debates in real life. They live their lives and enjoy their cities, communities, and neighborhoods (or they don't enjoy them, and move, accordingly).

And, really, if anybody who reads these forums is of the " Well, I WAS going to move to KC, but then I read a bunch of people from KC bickering on an internet forum, and thought, 'Whoah, no way, not the place for me!"' and turned that job offer down in a hot second," persuasion, um, well...okay. Don't know what to tell you.

Old 07-24-2014, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Its still a baiting thread, regardless of who started it. I seem to remember you starting some others but I don't have the time to look for them. I'm just saying this is a petty, pathetic forum filled with hypocrisy and thinly veiled jabs at each others sides of the metro. Nothing productive; just bickering and bashing, my sides better than your side. Why do people even try to hide the obvious biases?

Maybe I'm taking this to far, but there are certain posters who dominate this forum and give it a bad vibe and encourage lots of mud slinging.
Look for them. You won't find a bunch of baiting threads started by me. When kcmo comes on this forum and starts his baiting - yes, I have stood up to his crap. And I will continue to do so.

Old 07-24-2014, 08:39 PM

290 posts, read 347,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
I have NEVER experienced any of the bickering crap that goes on on these forums in real life, living on either side of State Line Road. Honestly. Nobody really cares enough to have these stupid debates in real life. They live their lives and enjoy their cities, communities, and neighborhoods (or they don't enjoy them, and move, accordingly).

And, really, if anybody who reads these forums is of the " Well, I WAS going to move to KC, but then I read a bunch of people from KC bickering on an internet forum, and thought, 'Whoah, no way, not the place for me!"' and turned that job offer down in a hot second," persuasion, um, well...okay. Don't know what to tell you.
Quite true. I don't necessarily hear these discussions among everyday metro residents. Although I have run into some die hard KU fans in Lawrence that aren't too supportive of the state of Missouri, likely Mizzou related. As a transplant though I can think of other reasons not to move here and the state line situation is far from an issue I have encountered even though it's quite a hot topic here.

Old 07-24-2014, 09:13 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,629,273 times
I'm a transplant, too, and I really have no real complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: