Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2016, 01:46 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,888,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandthom View Post
On the Coors building it definitely seems like they're avoiding some KS liquor law or something by its layout or trying to take advantage of laws from both. It also looks like the "KS" side was added later. Its evident that they're using State Line road to the south as a marker check out the asphalt vs cement parking lot line and the line on the roof.
I never noticed it was right on state line and I have probably spend a combined time of days look at aerial images of metro KC on google . So was curious and went to google earth to see when it was built and it's been there for as long as google has photography for. It looks like it was originally built to be in both states. I'm sure it has to do with local liquor laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 03:39 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,720,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
I've seen "attacks" from the other side as well. There are some things that are not binary, though it may be hard to imagine...

One poster attacked Missouri in numerous threads a few months ago. Pretty funny, but sad people get so bent out of shape.
Yes, I remember the posts (I'm guessing) you are talking about and every one of those was tongue-in-cheek, each a parody of the multitude of regular attacks directed toward Kansas over a period of years prior to that. In other words, they were defensive in nature as well and would never have appeared but for the purpose of answering the onslaught of attacks launched against Kansas.

You have to have been here for the duration I'm talking about to fully understand the historical background and basis for what is seen today. I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, but to know the history here is to know the restraint that Kansans proud of their state have exercised in response to attacks upon it.

Old 04-22-2016, 04:02 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,228,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Yes, I remember the posts (I'm guessing) you are talking about and every one of those was tongue-in-cheek, each a parody of the multitude of regular attacks directed toward Kansas over a period of years prior to that. In other words, they were defensive in nature as well and would never have appeared but for the purpose of answering the onslaught of attacks launched against Kansas.

You have to have been here for the duration I'm talking about to fully understand the historical background and basis for what is seen today. I don't expect anyone to take my word for it, but to know the history here is to know the restraint that Kansans proud of their state have exercised in response to attacks upon it.
lol

I haven't heard much restraint from certain posters who constantly claim that KCMO is a dump that might as well be bulldozed, that nobody wants to go or live there, and that there's no need for urban KCMO to exist.

Old 04-22-2016, 05:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
yea right, I have some of the most active and popular threads on this forum. When I don't post, the KC forum gets pretty slow pretty quickly. The vast majority of my posts are fine and are not in any way posted to start crap with anybody. I think the same goes for luzianne. Sure, we have VERY different opinions on a lot of stuff and will occasionally get testy with each other, but so what. We are adults.

This forum is no different than any other forum on city data. If anything, it's pretty mellow.

Once again what do YOU contribute? You are probably the single biggest "instigator" that offers nothing but fuel to either start a flame war or keep one going. Talk about offering nothing to the forum.

BTW, this thread was not started as any sort of anti KS thread. Good lord, If I wanted to do that, I would come up with something a whole lot better than this.
OMG. You have the most active and popular threads? Hahahahaha! Maybe only in that people challenge you and then they get attacked and the thread ends up being long. I wouldn't call it popular and it certainly is no compliment to you or something you should pat yourself on the back for. There have been times that even your buddies on the forum have told you that you are being ridiculous, and then you got all whiney and said you were going to take your ball and go home.

CrownVic is not an instigator. He is one of the people here who sees things clearly despite all the pro-KCMO propaganda thrown out by you and others.

This thread was started as an anti-Kansas thread, just like most of your threads. You always do "comparisons" of KCMO to Johnson County or Kansas. As I said, you are very transparent. It's not hard to see what you are trying to do every time you post.

And then any time someone comes to the forum and says they plan to move to Johnson County, or is asking about Johnson County, you and others jump in telling them they will hate it there and they should move to KCMO. OMG, how ridiculous.

So I will stay here and expose your untruths and challenge you when you put down Johnson County/Kansas and I will tell people the TRUTH. I have no problem with people wanting to live on the Missouri side doing so. I do have a problem with you telling people they shouldn't move to Johnson County. For people who want great public schools and low crime, it is the perfect area. You try to say how safe Kansas City, Missouri is. Well, the truth is it's not all that safe and the statistics the last several years show that. But it doesn't bother you at all to lie to people about it and mislead them.

Old 04-22-2016, 08:49 PM

684 posts, read 791,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Another "Missouri is wonderful; Kansas is bad" thread. You are so transparent.
luzianne can you just go one thread without incessantly whining? Why do it feel it necessary to be so touchy and overly sensitive (insecure almost) to whine so much about any and everything kcmo posts. I mean really? Was this topic all that bad? Considering that other participants have already commented on the topic at hand without it being an anti-Kansas hate fest. Grow up! You're the one who spurs on these childish bickerings.

Quote:
OMG. You have the most active and popular threads? Hahahahaha! Maybe only in that people challenge you and then they get attacked and the thread ends up being long. I wouldn't call it popular and it certainly is no compliment to you or something you should pat yourself on the back for. There have been times that even your buddies on the forum have told you that you are being ridiculous, and then you got all whiney and said you were going to take your ball and go home.
"OMG" "Hahahahahaha" How old are you luzianne? And as for that last part, that's news to me. I've never heard nor read anything of that.

Quote:
CrownVic is not an instigator. He is one of the people here who sees things clearly despite all the pro-KCMO propaganda thrown out by you and others.
You and CrownVic see things clearly? Umm... This is a Kansas City, Missouri City-Data forum. Heaven forbid that there's a pro-KCMO propaganda/agenda going on.

Quote:
This thread was started as an anti-Kansas thread, just like most of your threads. You always do "comparisons" of KCMO to Johnson County or Kansas. As I said, you are very transparent. It's not hard to see what you are trying to do every time you post.
Two pages into his new thread, and upon reading the comments, there's no real anti-Kansas hate fest going on that your so paranoid about. But if only we could do without your whining...

Quote:
And then any time someone comes to the forum and says they plan to move to Johnson County, or is asking about Johnson County, you and others jump in telling them they will hate it there and they should move to KCMO. OMG, how ridiculous.
It. Is. A. Kansas City, Missouri. Forum. All participants can feel free to jump into any thread they wish and advise as they please. It's no biggie. We're all one area. Newcomers can and should appreciate multiple advice on where to live. Heaven forbid! Someone getting advice to live on the Missouri side of the state line when they are posting in a forum that is in the Missouri section of City-Data. Not all newcomers are as sensitive and paranoid as you are luzianne.

Quote:
So I will stay here and expose your untruths and challenge you when you put down Johnson County/Kansas and I will tell people the TRUTH. I have no problem with people wanting to live on the Missouri side doing so. I do have a problem with you telling people they shouldn't move to Johnson County. For people who want great public schools and low crime, it is the perfect area. You try to say how safe Kansas City, Missouri is. Well, the truth is it's not all that safe and the statistics the last several years show that. But it doesn't bother you at all to lie to people about it and mislead them.
Challenge truth? With what? Incessant whining? Telling people you don't like KCMO because of certain commenters in an obscure online forum? Childishly nagging and ranting "OMG's" and "Hahahahaha's"? Quite honestly, I think newcomers or anyone who has followed this forum for let's say, two days, can see right through you luzianne. Your are so transparently childish, paranoid, sensitive, whiny, etc etc etc.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:27 PM

JOHNSON COUNTY is part of Kansas City. If I remember correctly, there was some discussion in the past about Johnson County having its own forum and kcmo didn't like that idea. I admit I may not remembering correctly, but I do think there was some discussion AGAINST Johnson County having its own forum because it's part of Kansas City.

So if Johnson County has to be included in the Kansas City forum, it's really stupid for you to then say it's a Kansas City, MISSOURI forum. It's really a Kansas City METRO forum, not a Kansas City, Missouri forum.

Haha. You must remember that I told you a post of yours smacked of insecurity and now you are trying to use that. How cute!

I'm not "whining." I am sick of watching kcmo post this crap incessantly. And I will continue to call him out on it every time he does. He does it for one reason - to try to make biased "comparisons" between KCMO and Johnson County. Remember his post about the idiot in KCK who killed his kid and fed him to the pigs? All he EVER does is try to cast aspersions on Johnson County/Kansas.

And the rest of your drivel doesn't even deserve a response. You have only been on his forum less than two years. You don't know what was going on her the seven years prior to your showing up. So excuse me for not really paying attention to anything you have to say.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:43 PM

638 posts, read 624,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post

If you didn't already know, Kansas is not a very popular state nationally. LOTS of people do not like Brownback. So, some people complain about it on that forum.

If you didn't already know, these forums are not actually representative of their states. I mean, nothing happens in the MO forum. Some people have started negative threads there but no one really cares.

Getting bitter about people pointing out the problems of your own state by bashing a neighbor isn't a great strategy. Its better to acknowledge the problem and try to fix it. Too many people in Kansas would rather ignore problems and keep reelecting Brownback.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:48 PM

Quote:
luzianne:JOHNSON COUNTY is part of Kansas City. If I remember correctly, there was some discussion in the past about Johnson County having its own forum and kcmo didn't like that idea. I admit I may not remembering correctly, but I do think there was some discussion AGAINST Johnson County having its own forum because it's part of Kansas City.
I mentioned once that they should have their own forum, only because of the overly sensitive whining that goes on when anything whatsoever is mentioned about JoCo.

Quote:
So if Johnson County has to be included in the Kansas City forum, it's really stupid for you to then say it's a Kansas City, MISSOURI forum. It's really a Kansas City METRO forum, not a Kansas City, Missouri forum.
It's both. A Kansas City, Missouri forum, with metropolitan included. There was nothing wrong with my elaboration. Which emphasized as to why pro-KCMO participants would be in a forum titled for an area which includes KCMO.

Quote:
Haha. You must remember that I told you a post of yours smacked of insecurity and now you are trying to use that. How cute!
No. Actually. I don't remember. Maybe you're thinking of someone else.

Quote:
I'm not "whining." I am sick of watching kcmo post this crap incessantly. And I will continue to call him out on it every time he does. He does it for one reason - to try to make biased "comparisons" between KCMO and Johnson County. Remember his post about the idiot in KCK who killed his kid and fed him to the pigs? All he EVER does is try to cast aspersions on Johnson County/Kansas.
Well not everyone else agrees with you. Lots of people do participate within his topics without all of the hate fest in which worry and complain about. As with this one, several other commenters have already participated on this thread's topic whether you have liked it or not.

Quote:
And the rest of your drivel doesn't even deserve a response. You have only been on his forum less than two years. You don't know what was going on her the seven years prior to your showing up. So excuse me for not really paying attention to anything you have to say.
It takes just two days luzianne to understand what's been going on. And that's pretty much "telling the truth" saying that I can't be paid attention to because I've only been on the this forum for only two years... LOL. So give it another five years and maybe then I'll be paid attention to?

Old 04-22-2016, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moboy32 View Post
If you didn't already know, Kansas is not a very popular state nationally. LOTS of people do not like Brownback. So, some people complain about it on that forum.

If you didn't already know, these forums are not actually representative of their states. I mean, nothing happens in the MO forum. Some people have started negative threads there but no one really cares.

Getting bitter about people pointing out the problems of your own state by bashing a neighbor isn't a great strategy. Its better to acknowledge the problem and try to fix it. Too many people in Kansas would rather ignore problems and keep reelecting Brownback.
Missouri is not a popular state nationally, either. It ranks about the same or worse than Kansas. Probably worse in light of Ferguson and the whole Mizzou fiasco that has taken place. Enrollment at Mizzou is down 20% now.

And none of this has anything to do with Brownback.

Old 04-22-2016, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luzianne View Post
Missouri is not a popular state nationally, either. It ranks about the same or worse than Kansas. Probably worse in light of Ferguson and the whole Mizzou fiasco that has taken place. Enrollment at Mizzou is down 20% now.

And none of this has anything to do with Brownback.
What happened at Ferguson, and at Mizzou, were not Missouri's fault. Those events could and can happen anywhere. It's unfortunate that those fiascoes happened here.

But as for Kansas, they elect, and then reelect, their fiascoes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City