Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 12:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,502 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I am a recent graduate in Iowa, and cannot find any teaching jobs. Kansas City, KS, would be a place I would like to move to. HOWEVER, I have a lot of studying to do! Here are my questions/guidelines:

1. A nice school district! Ive done inner schools, and I dont mind a little city/town, but not inner.
2. Like i just mentioned, no inner KC, I would like to live in a nice suburb or town. I would like to rent something nice (im just a single gal).

But those are the only real things im concerned about. And im sure there are more people out there more knowledgeable than myself

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!

Megan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 12:52 PM

2,108 posts, read 2,895,205 times
Take a look at this thread: Metro Kansas City School Districts

And this one: KC Metro Schools Offering IB Programs

Old 04-04-2010, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 3,502 times
Awesome!! Thank you!!

Old 04-05-2010, 06:37 AM

448 posts, read 1,459,129 times
I've read and heard from people who graduated from the Kansas fellows program that KCK has had a hiring freeze for the last few years. There may be something new this year but I would do some serious research if I were you.

Old 04-05-2010, 07:28 AM

476 posts, read 1,316,598 times
If you're going to live in KCK, you might want to teach nearby. The Turner district in KCK is pretty decent, and the Shawnee Mission and Blue Valley school districts are considered to be among the best.

Are you looking to rent a house or apartment? If you're looking for apartments, I'd recommend being near the Plaza area, which is the best place to be for young single people. Some of the places are pretty pricey, but if you hunt in this economy, you can probably find something more affordable. Westport is a bit grittier, but still pretty safe. The area around 39th and Stateline is home to many KU Med students and other young people and is generally quite safe. You may also want to consider living in downtown KCMO, which has enjoyed a renassaince and with the recession, has more rentals available for decent prices.

If you're looking to rent a home, I'd recommend living in the Mission/Roeland Park area. Its just across the county line from KCK, a short drive from the Plaza, and has many young single homeowners/renters.

Best of luck! You'll find KC has a ton of Iowa transplants!

Old 04-06-2010, 08:50 PM

278 posts, read 622,937 times
what about teaching in johnson county or a more rural district here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
View detailed profiles of: