Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 11:51 AM

476 posts, read 1,316,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrizzle View Post

You clearly didn't understand a thing kcmo just said... when KS doesn't show a willingness to cooperate, and is in fact harming the MO side (the side that has most of the attractions, arts, festival, culture, history, and urban core) then yeah.... its way better for the MO side to succeed.
And you clearly didn't understand a thing that I said. I'm fine with MO succeeding. I want MO - particularly KCMO and the inner ring burbs - to succeed.

What I'm not fine with is drawing up this dividing line and making a contest to see who is gaining faster than the other. I'm not fine with one area growing at the expense of another (and that goes for JoCo growing at the expense of KCMO). We should be encouraging growth in the metro area, not particularly counties.

I'm saying that is completely hypocritical to promote regionalism in some occasions, and in the next breath promote petty provincalism on other occasions depending on who it benefits. We should reject the petty provincalism and encourage regionalism to get our suburbs on board and move this metro forward. We need people to be part of the solution - promoting the entire metro - rather than the problem - petty interstate squabbles.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 12:04 PM

1,662 posts, read 4,504,016 times
Quote:

You clearly didn't understand a thing kcmo just said... when KS doesn't show a willingness to cooperate, and is in fact harming the MO side (the side that has most of the attractions, arts, festival, culture, history, and urban core) then yeah.... its way better for the MO side to succeed.
When a company decides that they need to make a change and they are willing to pick up and move to do it, there are two possible reactions:

1) You can sniffle and whine and fart around and watch them go, taking the jobs with them to another region entirely, or
2) You can give them an incentive to stay within reach of the metro and keep those jobs here.

KC, MO has done first, KS has done the second. Sorry dude. Blaming KS for the shortcomings of MO is just sour grapes and deflecting the responsibility away from the real problem, which is the leadership of KC, MO past and present.

I don't look for Bi-state cooperation any time soon. There is too much historical animosity and neither side wants the other one having a say in what they do. This is just the way it is. But the constant blaming is just silly. It's hypocritical and it's dishonest.

It's great when KC, MO has success. It's good for everyone. But yet it still doesn't mitigate the mudslinging, ... go figure ...

Old 03-26-2010, 03:17 PM

26,418 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
This is funny, coming from someone who only ever talks on KC to make negative comments. You don't live here, you don't know much about KC (it's fairly obvious from many of your post), and then you come just to be negative and say "OH yeah rust belt people are more friendly blah blah blah"

seriously.... way to contribute to the discussion at hand.
I lived in KC, MO and JOCO for over 20 years up until a couple years ago. I think I definitely know the people who live there and the city pretty well. How many different cities have you lived in to have a frame of reference for comparison?

Old 03-27-2010, 09:54 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,892,595 times
People are about the same everywhere...

Old 03-27-2010, 02:02 PM

26,418 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
Hmmm....

I have met more friendly people and gained more friends here in the Louisville area in the past few months than I gained in many years in KC. It might be my luck, but I doubt it.

Old 03-31-2010, 09:24 PM

822 posts, read 2,047,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
kcmo is right on this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City