Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2010, 06:32 PM

137 posts, read 328,105 times

Advertisements

Any thoughts on a nice hotel or bed & breakfast near Kansas City? My daughter is getting married and we'd like to find a special place for she and her husband to stay.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 06:50 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times
Chateau Avalon Hotel in KCK near the Kansas Speedway
Kansas City Romantic Hotels: Chateau Avalon, Bed & Breakfast/Theme Hotel

The Q Hotel in Westport
The Q Hotel :: Kansas City's Green Hotel

Hotel Phillips in Downtown KCMO
Downtown Kansas City Hotels | Hotel Phillips

The Raphael, Country Club Plaza
Kansas City, Missouri - The Raphael Hotel

Intercontinental Kansas City At The Plaza
InterContinental Hotels & Resorts | KANSAS CITY AT THE PLAZA | Hotel Overview

President Hotel, Downtown KCMO
http://www1.hilton.com/en_US/hi/hote...souri/index.do

Southmoreland, Bed and Breakfast, Plaza, KCMO
http://www.southmoreland.com

Old 04-29-2010, 01:07 PM

448 posts, read 1,459,279 times
Very thorough list.

My favorite on the list is the Raphael. In my opinion it is one of the most upscale hotels in Kansas City. You will be right on the plaza with tons of resturants, shops, ect, and the hotel in the Raphael is excellent.

The Intercontinental is right across the street and is a less expensive alternative. They have some nice larger rooms, if you can, upgrade.

Hotel Phillips is an older hotel, so if you are into charm of all things older go for it, but if older is a turn off for you, you may not like it. You will be near all attractions downtown in Power & Light, so if you are into night life pick a downtown hotel.

Southmoreland is a really interesting Bed and Breakfast near the plaza as KCMO mentioned, but what is interesting is that each room is themed after a famous Kansas Citian. This hotel is quintessential KC.

Chateau Avalon is always fun. Check out the website and you will be in for a suprise. It is a cool bed and breakfast with awesome food and themed rooms. If you are looking for romance this is your place. But if you want to get out and see the city there are better hotels for that.

Those are all the suggested hotels I've stayed in. Perhaps others will have more comments.

O, I would also suggest the Westin Crown Center. If you like Weston Hotels it is a nice option. Wonerful beds, sheets, towells in all Westin's in my opinion. And in this hotel you will be right next to crown center with some wonderful dining options for the romantic. Skies has is a rotating resturant with views of the entire city. The American Resturant was once the only 4 diamond resturant in Kansas City, still may be. There is also Peppercorn Duck Club. They have the best Sunday brunch in town in my opinion.

Congratulations on your wedding!

Old 04-29-2010, 01:43 PM

476 posts, read 1,316,721 times
Bed and Breakfast Kansas City Missouri, Kansas City MO Bed and Breakfast

Old 04-29-2010, 06:24 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by famusdarlin View Post
Very thorough list.

My favorite on the list is the Raphael. In my opinion it is one of the most upscale hotels in Kansas City. You will be right on the plaza with tons of resturants, shops, ect, and the hotel in the Raphael is excellent.

The Intercontinental is right across the street and is a less expensive alternative. They have some nice larger rooms, if you can, upgrade.

Hotel Phillips is an older hotel, so if you are into charm of all things older go for it, but if older is a turn off for you, you may not like it. You will be near all attractions downtown in Power & Light, so if you are into night life pick a downtown hotel.

Southmoreland is a really interesting Bed and Breakfast near the plaza as KCMO mentioned, but what is interesting is that each room is themed after a famous Kansas Citian. This hotel is quintessential KC.

Chateau Avalon is always fun. Check out the website and you will be in for a suprise. It is a cool bed and breakfast with awesome food and themed rooms. If you are looking for romance this is your place. But if you want to get out and see the city there are better hotels for that.

Those are all the suggested hotels I've stayed in. Perhaps others will have more comments.

O, I would also suggest the Westin Crown Center. If you like Weston Hotels it is a nice option. Wonerful beds, sheets, towells in all Westin's in my opinion. And in this hotel you will be right next to crown center with some wonderful dining options for the romantic. Skies has is a rotating resturant with views of the entire city. The American Resturant was once the only 4 diamond resturant in Kansas City, still may be. There is also Peppercorn Duck Club. They have the best Sunday brunch in town in my opinion.

Congratulations on your wedding!
Nice complementing post! I always sort of think of Crown Center as being more "corporate", but you are right, the hotels are really nice there and they have some amazing restaurants. Even if you don't dine in Skies, you have to go there for a late night drink or something if you get a chance.

Old 04-29-2010, 07:36 PM

6,820 posts, read 11,553,688 times
My vote's for the Raphael. When I was working in KC, we had a fellow who came to our office about once a month. This guy was a real road warrior - traveled throughout the US and was on the road nearly every day. He always stayed at the Raphael and would never stay anywhere else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City