Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:50 AM

62 posts, read 143,234 times

Advertisements

I can understand your anger because if I had something like that damaged I would be livid. On that same note though, UPS is not that bad but the USPS.......Oh my Gawd!! The only reason I don't want them to go out of business is because millions of people will lose jobs but they by far are the worst! I've had packages returned to the shipper without them even attempting to see if I were at home. I've had mail returned to billers who called and stated they needed an updated address on me and I'm like huh?? You got my address! Then they tell me mail had been returned. I'm like what is it with these idiots at the post office?? I have never seen such poor service from ANYBODY!! Then they wonder why nobody uses them. I remember a time when the post office were top notch. Sheesh..what happened!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 12:11 PM

3,339 posts, read 9,355,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
Wolflair is an angry little anti-union man. He hates unions, particuarly the Teamsters (out of jealousy), so he makes up this crazy story about an old cash register he shipped, blah, blah. If UPS is that bad, use FEDEX. Anyway............
I don't know about him being anti-union, but I sure do agree about him being angry. Geeze, you had a problem with UPS, Wolfie. Deal with it. Move on. You're not going to convince the world to stop using UPS by ranting in a public forum. I've had one or two problems with them over the years, but on the whole, I think they do a very good job.

Old 08-06-2010, 06:58 PM

31 posts, read 26,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaMcG View Post
I don't know about him being anti-union, but I sure do agree about him being angry. Geeze, you had a problem with UPS, Wolfie. Deal with it. Move on. You're not going to convince the world to stop using UPS by ranting in a public forum. I've had one or two problems with them over the years, but on the whole, I think they do a very good job.
I am out nothing, I have been paid but I think it a bit [lot really] disingenuous of UPS to ask for money on insurance and then never pay. Look at all the postings over the past couple of years. Yes UPS has people by the testies or short hairs whatever your sex. USPS is almost as bad as UPS, although I don't know about their pay out on insurance claims. I really don't care if people use UPS or not and the ones that don't listen deserve the trouble they get.
I to have sent many boxes of AMMO and never had a problem with UPS but when the Fup they really Fup and then don't even pay for their Fups. I will never pay one extra dime of extortion to UPS for insurance again that is for sure. I still have to use them for AMMO as usps does not take it. I don't tell UPS about it being ammo as they would hit me with a hazardous bs charge. Screw UPS

Old 08-07-2010, 02:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,766,887 times
The package was horrible. If I shipped my employer's electronic stuff packed like that I would be fired!

Old 08-08-2010, 06:16 AM

3,339 posts, read 9,355,142 times
Wolflair, let it go. Harboring that kind of resentment is unhealthy. Move on. There are far more important things to get rattled about.

Old 08-08-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The package was horrible. If I shipped my employer's electronic stuff packed like that I would be fired!
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:26 AM

2,707 posts, read 6,234,238 times
I just gotta throw in, UPS has never let me down.
When we lived in South Dakota, FedEx would routinely deliver our stuff to my husband's boss's house. They didn't want to drive out to our place.
FedEx, left a package at the local bar one time, too, for the same reason.
AirExpress, and any of the others don't deliver in my part of the world, so I can't say one way or the other about any but the big two.

UPS, on the other hand, has always brought things straight to my door. Even now when we're 10 miles down a dirt road, and he has to open two barbed wire gates to get to my door.
So far as damaged packages, I have to say, I've never had someone send me anything that was properly packaged, nor have I sent anything that wasn't.

Nope, UPS is always at the top of my list for delivery companies.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:52 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,792,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolflair View Post
What ever tripps your trigger. But from the Google returns I am by far not alone in thinking they SUCK. I have filed in Georgia and Kansas BBB with a complaint and also in Small Calims. If you have read any of the links you will see that people who work for UPS admit that packages are not treated with respect. On even shows a hidden camera where they are throwing packages at the loading truck. Yes they suck.
Well, I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, honest. But you sent one poorly package cash register and I send about a dozen packages a day. So my opinion is that I'm in a better position to judge them.

As knrstz correctly points out, it isn't hard to find complaints on the internet. (In fact, that seems to be its primary mission!) They are in a tough situation; if they deliver 100,000 packages correctly, no one hears a thing and if they lose 1 package, the entire internet hears about it. But if you look at overall studies done by reputable organizations, UPS and Fed Ex do pretty well overall:

Quote:
UPS has been rated "America's most admired mail, package and freight delivery company" for sixteen consecutive years by surveys conducted by Fortune magazine, and in 1998 was named "world's most admired" in the same category.
http://www.auburn.edu/~boultwr/UPS_Case.PDF

Quote:
Finally, customer satisfaction also declined among the parcel delivery and express mail companies, namely, Federal Express, United Parcel Service and the U.S. Postal Service. Despite the drop, all three scored higher than the national ACSI average, with Federal Express and UPS posting especially high scores of 82 and 78, respectively.
University of Michigan News Service

Quote:
The ACSI (American Customer Satisfaction Index) survey is a national economic indicator of customer evaluations of the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the United States...Scores in the survey are based on a 100-point scale. Federal Express (83), Southern Company (81) and United Parcel Service (80) were the highest scoring companies in the recent first quarter survey and the only companies receiving scores in the 80s.
http://tdworld.com/news/Southern-customer-survey/

So again, they have their problems and are not perfect, but they don't suck. In fact, they rank at the very top of the industry. The fact that they damaged your package item (whether poorly packaged or not, althought the consensus of opinion on this thread is clearly that it was poorly packaged) in and of itself does not mean they are a terrible company. On the other hand, the great thing about this country is that if you don't like a company, you don't have to use them. I suggest you switch to Fed Ex.

Last edited by Off Topic; 08-08-2010 at 10:17 AM..

Old 08-09-2010, 07:01 PM

1,134 posts, read 3,191,352 times
Having in the past worked at UPS and currently working at Fedex, you have to pack you shipment and expect it to receive the worst treatment possible. My station receives around 7k pkgs a day and only a few of them are damaged. However both companies use tractor trailers and various types of large containers loaded on aircraft. Point being, you pkgs could be on top or the very bottom. To get things sent overnight and delivered by 8, 1030, and 3 requires nonstop hustle. Never reuse a box. Often it's good to double box a pkg. While it is against rules to throw a pkg, if you think it would break if it fell, you shouldn't ship it. Pkgs shift in transit and many times when these containers are opened there is an avalanche of pkgs. Both companies try to limit this as much as possible but it will happen.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsMeFred View Post
I just gotta throw in, UPS has never let me down.
When we lived in South Dakota, FedEx would routinely deliver our stuff to my husband's boss's house. They didn't want to drive out to our place.
FedEx, left a package at the local bar one time, too, for the same reason.
AirExpress, and any of the others don't deliver in my part of the world, so I can't say one way or the other about any but the big two.

UPS, on the other hand, has always brought things straight to my door. Even now when we're 10 miles down a dirt road, and he has to open two barbed wire gates to get to my door.
So far as damaged packages, I have to say, I've never had someone send me anything that was properly packaged, nor have I sent anything that wasn't.

Nope, UPS is always at the top of my list for delivery companies.
then you should start a post about FEDX SUCKS shouden't you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas