Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:01 AM

822 posts, read 2,047,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
You will be in for a shock if you think the winters are mild in Kansas. The average temperatures are mild for the most part, but Linn and Bourbon counties get a decent amount of snow and cold temperatures during the winter. More services are available in Lousiburg. Everything is connected by highway 69 so the distances are not that far.
A Freudian slip? Lousiburg, i.e., Lousy-burg?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2008, 12:25 PM

26,426 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
A Freudian slip? Lousiburg, i.e., Lousy-burg?
Sorry. Typo
Louisburg- the next unfortunate victim of exurban sprawl exuding out of JOCO.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraniteStater View Post
Sorry. Typo
Louisburg- the next unfortunate victim of exurban sprawl exuding out of JOCO.
Yep. What's weird is there seems to be more open land in southern Johnson county than in Miami.

Old 01-01-2009, 10:56 AM

26,426 posts, read 46,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
Yep. What's weird is there seems to be more open land in southern Johnson county than in Miami.
It seems that more landowners do not want to sell out to Overland Park because they like to annex anyone and everything.
Overland Park had better keep its city limits in Johnson County

BTW, did you decide to stay in Louisburg?- I remember you mentioning about your dislike of the natgas compressor station?

Old 01-01-2009, 03:10 PM

No, that wasn't me. I was one of many people telling him that the station was there before him and if he didn't like it, HE should move.

Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,818 times
Anyone know the approximate cost of having a waste holding tank put in at Linn Valley Lakes? I think the property I am looking at has water provided through the rural water system. I was thinking about putting a cement slab down and then building on it but want to know about getting the sewage holding tank and water ran to it first.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:35 PM

1 posts, read 3,814 times
Default Linn Valley Lakes

We have had lots at Linn Valley for 8-9 yrs now. We got a lot from a friend and enjoyed it there so much we wanted to be in a better location for our kids to enjoy things. We found a lot in a different location and sold our first one, then later bought the adjoining lot so we could have more room and change to a 5th wheel trailer that was all season. I love being there and would love living there full time. They have many fulltime residents and activities. Bingo on Sat night as well as on Sunday on holiday weekends, great fireworks on 4th of July, Memorial day activities, and a coummunity weekend that includes a car show, and contests like hot dog eating and nail driving. They have a full hook-up camp ground that is very reasonable, plus 4 rental cabins and 4 bathhouses. The main lake is the only one motorized boats are allowed on, several smaller lakes and ponds for fishing. 2 pools, 1 kiddie pool and a swim beach at teh main lake. Clubhouse and community center, with work out room and laundry facilities. Parks with play equipment, shelter house. Bunko, women's lunch group, informal men's coffee group, restraunt at the golf course, tennis courts, basketball court, ball diamond, mini golf, frisbee golf, driving range, 18 whole golf course, horse shoe pits, shuffle board, sand volleyball, BBQ grills, picnic tables and more. There is a church w/in the city, they have Harvesters food days, some people got together and started doing Angel Food Ministry orders. There are different types of lots, and different sizes. We have 2 building lots (not together) for sale. One is right off the main road need a fishing lake the other is a few blocks off the main road. 2 websites to find out more and see pictures. [URL="http://www.lvlpoa.com"]www.lvlpoa.com[/URL] is the official website and [URL="http://www.linnvallylakes.com"]www.linnvallylakes.com[/URL] is a site where people can posts ads. Hope this helps. I have never visited any of the other lakes mentioned so I can't compare them. I just know I LOVE LVL

Old 03-25-2009, 06:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,722 times
linn valley is the best option of any of those lakes, its also very close to louisburg for stores and medical, it is more establisted, and closer to Kansas City, 4 lane highway gets you to Overland Park KS in 30 min which is top rated #9 best place to live, stay away from Hidden Valley, Last time I was there it was not nice, Linn Valley Lake is Small (130 acres)but plenty big enough for pontoon cruises, and towing the kids behind the bout, it is gated and there is a golf course, never played it but Im there for the lake, dont buy any lot that is not on the water or atleast second tier, all the rest are worth nothing, absolutly nothing right now, good luck very few main lake water fronts left

Old 07-08-2010, 07:29 PM

1 posts, read 3,020 times
looking for waterfront lot to build home on in the near future. must be waterfront. i am currently looking at all the lakes mentioned here. currently own home in olathe. thanks!! Modcut- no personal info please.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 07-08-2010 at 08:23 PM..

Old 09-28-2019, 10:19 AM

6 posts, read 5,593 times
Quote:
Hate to dig up and old thread but does anyone know who to call to get a membership to Hidden Valley Lakes?? I was going for a long drive wondering on the gravel and found this lake, but there are signs all around it that say members only. I like to fish alot and enjoy finding new places to camp on the weekends, catch some biggin's and drink a few beers with the friends. If anyone knows who to talk to i would greatly appreciate the info. my ip birthday wishes tneb
The one in Sugar Valley is definitely for sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas