Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 06:06 PM

206 posts, read 238,678 times

Advertisements

Some rural areas of Kansas have scams running to use the single females who moved out to the area to rent or purchase a small town property. Would highly recommend you move with a partner or roommate, you know a local or you spent a lot of time networking in the community asking lots of females how they felt about the place before you think about sinking any money into earnest money or rent deposit on anything in Kansas. Littler towns are getting worse than dealing with city due to scamming locals and bad policing, even allowing the littlest towns to be victimized into cooperation for a while. Multiple women who answered job ads to work in Eastern Kansas have been ruined, called crazy and have some bum trying to use their disability check, cops keeping her in check by locking her up in mental hospital for complaining about hard drug use in household.

Colorado is worse, absolutely unokay without knowing a local or bringing a relationship. Some small Colorado communities are allowing females to be ruined and prostituted if she had no family interested & checking on her. Some females who transferred to Denver alone did not stay long, could not afford the problems with the local men and scammers -- abusive male coworkers, trespassers, theft, frauds, scammers.

Colorado and lots of Kansas is leaving the upper-middle class alone to purchase new home construction to keep the building contractors busy but anyone else who is able to pay their bills comfortably or poorer could be subjected to a lot of problems with mentally unstable local millennials and policing that doesn't care if you get ruined. Wealthier are slower to be treated to this but eventually Colorado was screwing some of the wealthies out of most of their money with scams, so you get to spend the rest on attorney and leave broke. Would try the attorney in next county as the local attorney has seen this scam pulled over and over, happy to separate you from your $$$ and do nothing repeatedly for out-of-towners.

Cannot even share walls with these millennials in apartments, scam is to screw up the adults and try to land another lady by ruining her.

City suburbs of larger cities (like KC or elsewhere) were still leaving the single woman and single female parents alone to work and raise their families without having to support some mooching bum man who has to chase down and trap a relationship....

Encountered some new males who tried moving to Colorado or Kansas alone and local nutty kids wouldn't leave them alone either, cops refused to help and males even left so they would not go broke or get job ruined.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2015, 08:54 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,076,437 times
Where on earth are you getting this? EG Colorado communities "allowing females to be ruined and prostituted"? Really?

Sources, please.

Old 10-10-2015, 10:29 PM

159 posts, read 157,344 times
Yeah those darn millenials, running roughshod through the prairies scamming women and teasing men. Costing everyone a fortune in legal fees. I'd assumed everyone already knew you can't trust the people in Colorado or Kansas who were born after 1980. I suppose it's nice of the OP to mention it anyway, in case anyone around here wasn't aware.

No really. OP isn't crazy. ��

Old 10-11-2015, 01:17 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
More on this and about this. I'm in the cowtown of Dodge City and I came from Washington state. I'm over here to live and work and exist in the prairie region...without getting scammed, abused, tarred and feathered and run out of town.

If I can help it. Sources would be helpful...any local yokel news agencies run any stories that would back up the OP's warnings? I am male and I am a rabid Seahawk's fan, too, just so ya know. Perhaps I won't be abused by the types the OP is talking about, if these things are primarily happening to women. I'm less than 6 years to retirement as well.

Old 10-11-2015, 03:48 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Well, I'm clueless as to what is being said. Now, I do know that IF you decide to rent a place that you need to make sure the person trying to rent to you actually is the owner or acting on the owner's behalf. Everyone should be aware of that. We also have some smaller towns that are overcome with drug problems. Everyone should be checking crime statistics and looking at newspaper/websites for towns they plan to relocate to.

I have heard nothing of recruiting for prostitution and as cheap as KS is, I don't think they would evaluate anyone for a mental illness unless it was a real necessity. They have cut care for the mentally ill down to the bone and are now going after the bone itself.

I would have to admit also that if you get in some of the these smaller towns, especially the very small, you will be a major outsider. That is just a fact. Another fact is that if you are a person of "color", there are places that you will have problems. Just the facts.

Old 10-12-2015, 06:29 AM

7,940 posts, read 9,499,383 times
So far Dodge City seems all right but we've only been here for 2 1/2 months. Renting a 2BR apartment in town. Job is going fine and all the "growing pains" types of things is all we're experiencing so far. The people are nice enough and some of them seem very nice.

Like I said, I think these warnings are directed more to females. The warnings seem pretty intense, though, so chime in on here people if you know anything about this.

Old 10-12-2015, 09:22 AM

14,164 posts, read 27,231,957 times
This post is proof that meth is still a problem in rural America. That's all I get from the OP's nutty, rambling post

Old 10-12-2015, 11:00 AM

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
So far Dodge City seems all right but we've only been here for 2 1/2 months. Renting a 2BR apartment in town. Job is going fine and all the "growing pains" types of things is all we're experiencing so far. The people are nice enough and some of them seem very nice.

Like I said, I think these warnings are directed more to females. The warnings seem pretty intense, though, so chime in on here people if you know anything about this.
It sounds like a personal experience of the OP. I don't think it's a rampant problem... This person also mentions this same "story" in other threads. OP, if you are in a situation like that, call the police, throw your belongs in a car or greyhound bus and leave. Also, the way you are typing makes us think you are on something, if you are get help...

Old 10-12-2015, 11:59 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
I'm wondering where the "ads" were being run recruiting single women. I have heard of no effort to do anything like that. Could have been something on Craiglist since if you google the "subject" more or less, you do get some situations. Craiglist is to be avoided long distance for sure and we don't do anything at all with it.

I would contact the Attorney General of KS: http://ag.ks.gov/about-the-office/contact-us If there are "scams", they usually are familiar with what might be or is happening.

Old 10-17-2015, 08:46 AM

23 posts, read 79,416 times
I moved to Dodge City in October 2002 and left in June 2010, as a single woman. While I did not like southwestern Kansas at all, it was more because of the lack of dating options and difficulty even in making friends. I did not feel unsafe or scammed in any way, just very lonely. But maybe I was just running in different circles than the OP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas