Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,161,394 times

Advertisements

The Mexicans I dealt with were uneducated - hardly spoke a word of English, etc, etc .

The neighborhoods they took over - became nothing but slums..

I can never get over the fact how many of them dressed their little girls. No wonder why so many get pregnant at a very early age.

Let's not forget how many drive without licenses or car insurance and many times drunk.

Old 09-12-2009, 09:41 AM

12,954 posts, read 13,667,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
The Mexicans I dealt with were uneducated - hardly spoke a word of English, etc, etc .

The neighborhoods they took over - became nothing but slums..

I can never get over the fact how many of them dressed their little girls. No wonder why so many get pregnant at a very early age.

Let's not forget how many drive without licenses or car insurance and many times drunk.
they act like a bunch of hillbillies don't they? with the moon shine, and wearing daisy duke shorts.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:10 AM

6,560 posts, read 14,454,360 times
Guess it's time to remind everyone that a 'Mexican' is a Mexican national who may or may not be in the US legally. A Mexican-American is a US national, and should be seen no differently than any other US national. And a 'Hispanic' is a person of Latin background who may or may not be of Mexican descent, may or may not be a US national, etc. When people start throwing the word 'Mexican' around to represent everyone who looks Latino/a, pretty soon it becomes so imprecise it starts catching the wrong people up in groups to which they do not belong. For example, a Mexican national who is in the US legally deserves the same respect and consideration as any other legal visitor from Hong Kong or Moscow or London or Joh-burg, wherever.

Example: my friend and former teammate Moises descends from Mexican ancestors who had lived in Texas long before the Alamo. He speaks some Spanish (mine's a lot better) but English is his predominant language. To look at him, some would assume he was some kind of newcomer; he and his family are not. He's not a Mexican any more than I'm an Irishman or a German. In no way should anyone lump him in with Mexicans. The fact that he's Hispanic makes him no more foreign than if he were black or Japanese (or 'blackanese' as the guy on Big Brother self-identifies) or a freckle-faced redhead from Boston named Haggerty.

Old 09-12-2009, 03:26 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,590 times
Default Give Them A Chance............

I am not Mexican, but I see how well they can function, if given a chance. They are wonderful, family-oriented people, that believe in God truly, and very-hard working. They have built most of California, and most of the people there cannot keep their mansions, if it were not for the Mexicans.

New York State has embraced them, and they are building skyscrapers galore, opening multitude of restaurants, and taking their place in society. Deny them the opportunity, and you will create hate, graffiti, a multitude of gangs because they need protection, from you, homelessness, and worst of all: they will sell drugs to your children............................

Old 09-12-2009, 04:35 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,894,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccerguy123 View Post
You know !! we should bring Cubans to Kansas, at least they are progressive people and willing to learn english and with a much better attitude, I never seen a poor Cuban in the US. Why?? because their attitude and jobs ethics and eagerness to work in our farms or become owners.
Let me rephrase that for an angry Anglo Miamian...

Quote:
You know !! we should bring Mexicans to Miami, at least they are progressive people and willing to learn english and with a much better attitude, I never seen a poor Mexican in the US. Why?? because their attitude and jobs ethics and eagerness to work in our farms or become owners.
Okay, now for the Angelino

Quote:
You know !! we should bring Cubans to LA, at least they are progressive people and willing to learn english and with a much better attitude, I never seen a poor Cuban in the US. Why?? because their attitude and jobs ethics and eagerness to work in our farms or become owners.
Point being, it's a placebo effect. In every immigrant community, there are good people, and there are bad people, and the first generation always tend to be poor and needs time to assimilate.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:16 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,161,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post
I am not Mexican, but I see how well they can function, if given a chance. They are wonderful, family-oriented people, that believe in God truly, and very-hard working. They have built most of California, and most of the people there cannot keep their mansions, if it were not for the Mexicans.

New York State has embraced them, and they are building skyscrapers galore, opening multitude of restaurants, and taking their place in society. Deny them the opportunity, and you will create hate, graffiti, a multitude of gangs because they need protection, from you, homelessness, and worst of all: they will sell drugs to your children............................

NY has embraced them? You're kidding right? There's a town called Brewster NY that's fighting to get rid of them. They degrade the town. They hang out near the train station either prostituting or looking for work. Its all day, every day. How do I know this? I'm from NY - my family lives in the next town over. They are not welcomed as you think.

I've lived in Dodge City, KS for a long time. I can tell you stories about the crime, etc. Most don't hear about it - because the Town doesn't want people to know there's such a big problem. Drugs, gangs, violence..

Yes, lets embrace them with hugs and kissies, while their robbing you - taking your job, and scumming the towns up! Yes, Let's all do that.

Wake the heck up people!

Old 09-18-2009, 08:53 AM

14 posts, read 64,128 times
Default Ks troops and pulling over not just mexicans

I was BORN raised and lived in KS ....I left for my BF about 8 yrs ago and I now moved back
I was on my way to colorado by car once with my friend. We are both Heavy white women. We were pulled over and asked to search our car. We let 2 hypo search as we had nothing to hide. BUT were questioned because we had a tiny TV and videos lol. We were going to a cabin with NO phone or tv reception. After explaining they opened our suitcases I mean hello those are my underwear.
SO.....Dont feel like they only do it to other raises then White cause I am white as a sheet. lol....I was soooo mad.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:03 AM

14 posts, read 64,128 times
Wink OMG are you serious

IM a white female in Overland Park Ks And this is with any color/ creed / race of people. Everyone has bad and good.
....My mother and grandmother plus many other family members live in Kcks. The majority of the mexican population in armourdale ..And I visit often have made it a better place. So what if it is all hispanic stores , videos etc. They have opened stores and resturants in building that the white people have torn up and left for 30 plus yrs.

All hail the hard working people no matter race. !!!! Period.
And as far asd I can tell if you give them a chance they are hard working people who are just looking for a chance.
Yes it is annoying that people come to the US and dont speak English but are they all mexicans I THINK NOT> Kansas is a HUGE melting pot of Races. Many Aribics are here too. Face live embrace people and dont look at color and see how far it gets you.

Old 09-19-2009, 06:36 AM

1 posts, read 4,633 times
If you think its bad in Garden try Colby. Havent been there in a while but unless it has changed, It was White only!

Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 AM

2,046 posts, read 5,585,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUBIES77 View Post

Since this post was on the main page I felt the need to come in and view. This was one of the best replies, Thank you. I am Mexican American and am educated, as are my parents and siblings. We are not scum, nor are we trash, our homes are clean and maintained as are our cars, pets and children. We worked hard to become educated and we are proud of our heritage. I am sorry that a few instances have had people judge the group.
I will even go so far as to say, our family and extended families have a lot of class and are proud of who we are. Look into your lives and see what you find there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas