Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 06:32 PM

822 posts, read 2,046,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrolatum View Post
I have lived in California, Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, Minnesota, and now Kansas, both large cities and small towns. And you know what? Baxter Springs is the only place I've felt any dissatisfaction with. And no, I've never had neighbors who were so well-acquainted with the local police.
Do you honestly expect people to believe that? That, of all the places you've lived, Baxter Springs, and Baxter Springs only, has singled you out for abusive treatment? FWIW, you've lived in Baxter Springs for the grand total of six weeks or so. Doesn't take you long to form an opinion, does it? Like maybe the opinion was formed before you ever got there?

[quote]Modcut
Quote:
A majority of the people I've met here have not been nice. I've been nothing but polite and cordial to everyone. The only place I have candidly disclosed how much I dislike it here is on this forum. How is it my problem that people here have treated me poorly?
How many have you met in the whole six weeks you've lived there?

Quote:
I came here for help and advice on how to cope with this kind of community, NOT to argue and deal with people who enjoy picking fights. Yeah, it may take two to argue, but it takes one person making unnecessary snotty remarks to provoke the other.
You need to re-read your own posts and take note of the tone you've used. How to 'cope with this kind of community'? What exactly are you 'coping' with? Having to 'cope with' something implies there is something wrong or at least not to your liking I don't know what you may have meant to say but I can tell you that what you wrote does not convey open-mindedness.

Quote:
Do you really have nothing better to do? (DEFINITELY a rhetorical question, I'd prefer it if you didn't speak to me anymore)
I don't really care if you like it or not, I'm not going to let it go unchallenged when someone with pre-conceived notions announces to one and all "I knew I wouldn't like it" then tries make it sound like it's the town's fault. I'm sure there's a way to put me on your ignore list if that will help you 'cope with' Baxter Springs.

Last edited by GraniteStater; 10-01-2009 at 07:15 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas