Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2015, 06:41 PM

69 posts, read 100,237 times

Advertisements

Aloha!

Just a friendly update on our move:

I fly out Monday morning, the car transport came last night and picked up the car and they were great. Very nice, very professional, very courteous and did a great job. They said to expect it at Nawiliwili in about 14-17 days. I will post about it when I pick it up. I took plenty of pictures as it was being loaded for records.

The house movers came this morning, they were scheduled at 10 and arrived about 25 minutes early....very nice! They were also very nice and professional. Got it loaded in about 45 minutes.

So, now I am waiting to fly home.

More later.

Mahalo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2015, 06:32 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,698,448 times
It's been fun reading your posts We moved to the Big Island almost exactly five years ago, and I can still remember my excitement as we passed some of the same milestones. I took pictures of the container as it was being driven away down the street -- next stop Hawaii! And then getting on the plane knowing that I didn't have to turn around and leave in two weeks

Old 05-30-2015, 10:42 AM

53 posts, read 97,456 times
Your excitement is infectious! Have a journey home.

Last edited by es_em; 05-30-2015 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 05-30-2015, 11:09 AM

11,053 posts, read 24,084,719 times
That's a fast load in for house movers, but I'm guessing it was already in boxes?

Do you have a new place to move into on Kauai yet?

Old 05-30-2015, 07:23 PM

69 posts, read 100,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotzcatz View Post
That's a fast load in for house movers, but I'm guessing it was already in boxes?

Do you have a new place to move into on Kauai yet?
Yes, we had everything in boxes in stacks by the door, the very few pieces of furniture were broken down and bubble wrapped and the television was mummified in bubble wrap. All they really had to do was walk in and put it in the truck. We packed a few extra boxes than what was on the original work order but we also didn't pack the large refrigerator, 2 couches, and 2 rocking chairs that I had on the quote so the dispatcher was saying that might even out, I will find out Monday. I have to admit that they sort of have you by the cajones, but it's all good.

We have a place for a month already secured and I met a super nice person on here that we are looking forward to working with in finding our home.

Mahalo all of you kind and wonderful hoalohas!

Old 06-05-2015, 07:09 PM

35 posts, read 56,395 times
I am jealous,,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai