Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2020, 09:06 AM

14 posts, read 19,519 times

Advertisements

Friends,

is there another forum or venue for discussions concerning Kauai that gets more traffic?

I'd like to reconnect with the vibe there and I used to read this forum to hear what was important in everyday living there.

Aloha
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2020, 03:41 PM

11,053 posts, read 24,035,149 times
When everyone has to stay home because of the virus, things get pretty quiet. The official quarantine restrictions in Hawaii - especially the inter-island quarantines restrictions - are starting to be lifted in parts and places, but a lot of things are still not happening. Things are still pretty shuttered, but, maybe someone on Kauai will know of a more Kauai centered site.

Old 06-21-2020, 06:28 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
I wouldn't expect an island with a population of 70,000 to have a lot to say.

Old 06-22-2020, 08:53 AM

5,528 posts, read 12,672,056 times
Look at the TripAdvisor Kauai forum. It seems pretty active, just from a quick glimpse. Apparently 70,000 people do have a lot to say.

Old 06-22-2020, 09:43 AM

12,120 posts, read 17,914,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreaming of Hawaii View Post
Look at the TripAdvisor Kauai forum. It seems pretty active, just from a quick glimpse. Apparently 70,000 people do have a lot to say.
Tripadvisor is probably 99% non residents who know little about Kauai

Old 06-22-2020, 04:07 PM

Yup, TA is all about folks going on vacation and worry about specific hotel rooms or different tours and such. Much more vacation related, which, considering it's about taking trips, makes more sense. City Data is more geared towards folks moving or living in the islands.

I've tried posting on TripAdvisor, but I don't really know much about the different hotels or tours that tourists take since we don't usually do touristy things unless we have folks visiting so I don't have much data to add to their site. Not a lot of things relevant to us over there, either, since we don't usually stay in hotels or eat at expensive tourist spots.

Old 06-23-2020, 12:02 AM

Aloha hotcatz, whtviper and Dreaming of Hawaii,

I see your posts on the Big Island Forum all the time. Thank you for your contributions there and here.

I'm hoping the Covid restrictions are lifted soon so that my wife and I can come for a month or two and look for a property - perhaps off grid - and just be, for a while, after a long 10 years building a business now sold.

I hope you are all well and happy.

Old 07-25-2020, 07:10 AM

252 posts, read 423,044 times
Just talked with a good friend on Kauai. We visited for 12 yrs and then lived on island for 10 years and now have returned and been living in Dana Point, Ca. at the beach, for 5 years. We miss Kauai Island, a lot..

Two things are happening right now. Most of our old hangs, happy hours, saturday night date night dinners, etc are closed. Some appear to be out of business. You need to do your own research as to what your normal activities of daily living would be....AFTER THE 14 Day Quarantine.

Also, Hurricane Douglas is pounding its way to a direct hit on the islands. SWAGS have it possibly down graded to a tropical storm with winds in the 50 to 60 mph range when it arrives at Kauai.. That could still produce flash flooding , power outages, and possible interuption of of fresh water supplles. But, regardless, the island will be preparing.

The residents, as we did, hope for the best and prepare for the worst. That was for every hurricane headed our way every year for ten years.

Also, agree with checking out the Kauai Trip Advisor Forum and the Garden Island Newspaper for more updates on Kauai Life.

We are going to hold off on returning to visit our island and friends until 2021, when the island gets back to normal after Covid 19.

Best to Kauai and the Kauai people in these pretty harrowing times.

Old 07-26-2020, 09:24 AM

Default Too Quiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauaidooley View Post

Also, agree with checking out the Kauai Trip Advisor Forum and the Garden Island Newspaper for more updates on Kauai Life.

We are going to hold off on returning to visit our island and friends until 2021, when the island gets back to normal after Covid 19.

Best to Kauai and the Kauai people in these pretty harrowing times.
Thank you for this, that Trip Advisor forum is active these days.

And yes, I also send my best wishes, until my wife and I can practically return for a visit.

Old 07-26-2020, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3enigma View Post
Aloha hotcatz, whtviper and Dreaming of Hawaii,

I see your posts on the Big Island Forum all the time. Thank you for your contributions there and here.

I'm hoping the Covid restrictions are lifted soon so that my wife and I can come for a month or two and look for a property - perhaps off grid - and just be, for a while, after a long 10 years building a business now sold.

I hope you are all well and happy.

Aloha l3enigma,

Thank you for the kind words!

Off grid is easy, you can do that even in town these days. It's always nice to be close to friends and supplies and not have to drive a half hour every time you want anything. Although some folks don't seem to mind that.

Will you be starting another business over here? Something small and easy, maybe? What with Covid and all, there's a lot of storefronts that will be available.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Kauai