Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2010, 09:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,701 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'll be moving from eastern Washington state to KY at some point this fall, and I've just now started my internet search for houses.

Can a few people post the non-mall retail businesses, gyms, grocery stores, etc. that are/aren't in some of the smaller cities and towns near Lexington?

I am about 99.99% positive Super WalMarts are all over the place, but are any of these kinds of stores on the outskirts of Lexington or in the smaller places (Richmond/Frankfort/Danville)?

Craft stores (AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc.)
Target
Costco
TJ Maxx
Tuesday Morning
Real Deals
SteinMart
Burlington Coat Factory
Home Depot/Lowe's
Barnes&Noble or other bookstores
grocery stores
is there a gym with an indoor pool?
what about outlet malls, too?
what else is there?

I'm also interested in cool little local boutiques and variety stores so let me know the names of those, too.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2010, 05:12 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,318,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainStorms View Post
Hi,

I'll be moving from eastern Washington state to KY at some point this fall, and I've just now started my internet search for houses.

Can a few people post the non-mall retail businesses, gyms, grocery stores, etc. that are/aren't in some of the smaller cities and towns near Lexington?

I am about 99.99% positive Super WalMarts are all over the place, but are any of these kinds of stores on the outskirts of Lexington or in the smaller places (Richmond/Frankfort/Danville)?

Craft stores (AC Moore, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, etc.)
Target
Costco
TJ Maxx
Tuesday Morning
Real Deals
SteinMart
Burlington Coat Factory
Home Depot/Lowe's
Barnes&Noble or other bookstores

grocery stores
is there a gym with an indoor pool?
what about outlet malls, too?

what else is there?

I'm also interested in cool little local boutiques and variety stores so let me know the names of those, too.

Thanks!
Red=NO Blue=Plenty

Your best bet is a place such as LaGrange/Carrollton Georgetown/Richmond/Berea/Winchester. Lots of everything in blue, close enough to metro's that have the reds..

Old 07-12-2010, 04:23 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,576,738 times
Richmond has a TJ Maxx and a huge Hastings bookstore/coffee shop.

Richmond also has a Meijer, which is similiar to Target & WalMart Supercenter.

Frankfort, Richmond & Danville all have a Lowe's!!

You can find all the stores you listed in Lexington, except Costco. There is a Costco in Louisville however. I have never heard of "Real Deals."

The newest place to shop in Richmond: http://www.shoprichmondcentre.com/home/ (broken link)

Old 07-14-2010, 10:25 AM

1 posts, read 1,651 times
Richmond also has a Hobby Lobby and a Lowes.

Lexington has everything you listed except Costco and Real Deals. We have a Sams Club in Lexington and a Sams Club about to open in Nicholasville.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:10 PM

10 posts, read 17,037 times
Move to the other side of the state. Paducah, KY has one of the highest retail sales per capita in the country ($41,223 in Paducah compared to $17,102 in Richmond, or worse... $14,895 in Lexingon).

Paducah is a gem that is about to be discovered hidden in the western part of the state. Come visit, and see why it would make better sense to place your boutique in Paducah, where it would fit in very well.

Paducah has live theatre, plenty of shopping, and nice restaurants. Paducah is ideally located halfways between Nashville, TN, and Saint Louis, MO on I 24.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky