Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 10:14 PM

104 posts, read 417,871 times

Advertisements

I'll start by describing my city which is Hopkinsville. Many people who have never been to Hopkinsville are surprised by its urbanity. Hopkinsville is a city located on the northern fringe of the Hopkinsville, Ft. Campbell, and Clarksville,Tennessee tri-cities metro area which has a combined population of nearly 300,000 people. Although the census bureau says Hopkinsville lost 3000 people since the year 2000 don't beleive it for one second. The local population swings wildly depending on how many troops at Ft. Campbell are deployed at any given time, however, the local core economy is very dynamic and healthy. Currently there are no less than 10 major subdivisions being developed in and around the city. It is home to 4 high schools and two colleges. The Pennyrile Parkway is currently being extended to I-24 and a new retail shopping complex that promises to be one of the largest in the region is being constructed this very moment on 41A south. ( this is one of two new shopping centers currently under construction in the city limits) A new water park and convention center have recently opened, and construction abounds everywhere. Jennie Stuart medical center, a large 8 story hospital, is currently undergoing major renovations as well. Less than an hour from Nashville, Hopkinsville is a surprise to many. There is so much more, but I invite you to come see for yourself. Now, tell me about your Kentucky city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 09:07 AM

389 posts, read 1,658,108 times
Danville KY is home to a diverse population.a college town with Centre College here and within an hour from Lexington ,Danville offers small town living at its best.History of this town is abundant just drive downtown and see the old historical sites.I can't say that much more about it haven't been here a long time,but my impression is that this town is good for raising kids,going to college or Bluegrass tech.or plain working here.Hope that was helpful.oh have to mention the hospital here is getting a parking garage which will help with the downtown area for sure.

Old 09-03-2007, 12:46 AM

246 posts, read 1,058,252 times
Default highliner

I have been to Hop-town many times- I once lived on 18th near Hopper Court- and I have always loved that city. I , too, find it impossible to believe that Christian county is doing anything other than booming. My city of Lexington is a fine old 'southern town'. We have a growing MSA with lots to see and do, and a vibrant, diverse economy, thanks mostly to UK, Transy, Lexmark, and Toyota. For the benefit of all you outsiders, let me explain that Transy is Transylvania University, a private school founded seven years prior to Kentucky's achievement of statehood, and was the first post secondary institution founded west of the Allegheny mountains. My impending one-way departure will leave me with bitter bittersweet memories of this unique place, and some of the finest people of color (and others) I have met on the planet.

Old 09-06-2007, 08:48 PM

389 posts, read 1,658,108 times
I'm really surprised that their little response to this tread.where's the rest of KY?I told you about my town now its your turn.we also got a Rally's just the other day.

Old 09-07-2007, 05:35 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,104,252 times
Hmmmm well I am from Louisville, specifically grew up in Shively, which is becoming more diverse all the time. The areas I grew up in were once very white and now it is a good mixture of black/white and some hispanic. I am near Dixie hwy which has tons of fast food, strip malls and Wally World is building a second store and a grocery. The people are great for the most part and my area is quiet. As far as the rest of Louisville there is somewhere for every taste. The area I am in is quite a bit more conservative than say, the Highlands or Old Louisville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky