Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2007, 04:20 PM

11 posts, read 23,703 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to the outlying areas of either Louisville or Evansville/Owensboro area....I am partial to a more conservative view and I like to hunt and fish..I want to be near the city to work and build my contracting/painting business but want to be 20-40 minutes out and live in the country,maybe just outside a small village. I considered being just outside Henderson and am looking on the Indiana side near Louisville ( Corydon or Elizabeth ) also looking in Shephardsville area...Really would like to hear about the differences in these 2 areas...Thank You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2007, 06:47 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,318,812 times
I have lived in south of Owensboro, in Henderson, and in the Louisville area. You might like Spencer County Indiana (Rockport), too. At issue in all the areas including the Louisville residential construction market will be your ability to find work. Only the Louisville commercial/industrial market remains moderately active right now.

From a conservative political point, I would tell you that you best check in at the local greasy spoon to know the pulse of the community. There are many pockets of liberalizm spread around, with equally vocal pockets of right leaners.

Shepherdsville and Bullitt County will frustrate you if you try and stereotype it, too. About the only solid conservative county in the area is Oldham County if you are seeking a Republican block.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:45 AM

63 posts, read 313,674 times
Elizabethtown, and Hardin County have made a dramatic swing to the conservative side over the decade. Voter registration, which used to have democrats outnumber republicans 5-1, is now approaching 50-50. The yearly increases in new voters have greatly favored the "R" side. Local government features a republican county/judge executive, state senator and two of the county's three state representatives, and Kentucky's congressman for the 2nd District, also a republican (Ron Lewis) lives in Cecilia. Polling shows that the 2nd District is the most conservative in Kentucky. Retirements from Ft. Knox are part of the reason, but young people are also registering "R" in increasing numbers. If you are looking for a conservative, but still very progressive area to live, Hardin County is hard to beat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky