Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2008, 07:55 AM

12 posts, read 26,688 times

Advertisements

I guess as everyone can tell, this man's actions trouble me. I'm hoping that once I return to work, if he brings up the subject, I'll try to gently make him know how illegal his action is...and present the situation in a .... would you want this to happen to you? My most positive thinking of this situation is to contact the post office, the attorney General or someone with high authority and present the information to them in a way that will make them act...you know we have this identity theft as a common problem..not that he would do something like that, BUT, it is a concern. Perhaps this will force them to take over their property and do what they are suppose to do, take care of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2008, 08:20 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGooder View Post
I guess as everyone can tell, this man's actions trouble me. I'm hoping that once I return to work, if he brings up the subject, I'll try to gently make him know how illegal his action is...and present the situation in a .... would you want this to happen to you? My most positive thinking of this situation is to contact the post office, the attorney General or someone with high authority and present the information to them in a way that will make them act...you know we have this identity theft as a common problem..not that he would do something like that, BUT, it is a concern. Perhaps this will force them to take over their property and do what they are suppose to do, take care of it.

If he asks you to carry out any of the things that are illegal, refuse to do so, because even though you work for him you would be liable.

Old 03-16-2008, 06:09 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,084,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoGooder View Post
Good morning all. I'm a new poster here. I've been in the apartment industry for at least 20 yrs or more. I enjoy my work very very much. back in 98, I landed a job with a nice company. Unfortunetely I became a new employee from a new single owner later in the year. The guy started out good, I pretty much taught him all the ins and outs, rules and regulations. Now he thinks he knows it all. He turns off peoples elec when they don't pay their rent, he has kept their mail and thrown it away. The latest and last straw with this person is when a resident passed away. The resident suddenly passed away and really did not have time to give a notice to leave. I expect she thought she had more time, but that didn't happen. The family removed all the articles from the apt, cleaned it and returned the keys. I made up the report to refund the dep to the family, but the owner doesn't see it that way. He asked my "opinion" and I told him, it just wasn't morally right to keep it. He said, well I guess I'm not moral, then said, I've been taken advantage of....not by this resident, but in general from others, rents, etc. He is trying to validate a reason to keep this measely $250...so much so that he made a call to the caretaker of the property she passed at about walls that were painted by the resident. He'll charge for it, but not do the work! This whole thing makes me disgusted. I'm wondering if this is legal....there was no damage to the apt...crip, the family is greiving and he has no compassion.....this woman was a mother, a wife, a grandmother and only 48. Never caused problems, stayed with us for 4 yrs and probably would have stayed longer, always paid her rent on time.
Anyone have some advice???
Thanks
DoGooder
Do yourself a favor and find a job with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky