Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2022, 10:14 PM

132 posts, read 291,123 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am considering moving to Louisville and I am wanting to know some areas to avoid. I am a single femal and safety is important to me. Please advise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2022, 10:52 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TY2012 View Post
Hello, I am considering moving to Louisville and I am wanting to know some areas to avoid. I am a single femal and safety is important to me. Please advise.
Honestly, most areas west of 9th are the worst. Some good area west but you got to know too well. Anywhere else is pretty good, with a few exceptions. Avoid Goldsmith lane and especially the area on maps marked Newburg. Not Newburg road, but the area near GE appliance park like Indian trail.

In general, the nicest areas are north and east of Bardstown Rd. However, despite what some misguided locals and teh media want you to think, downtown, old louisville and south of downtown, and areas of east of dt are just fine!

On the south end, areas around Churchill downs can be dicey, but honestly not horrific. Stay away from areas around and west of Taylor blvd. Louisville. in 2020, was TOP TEN for safest cities. It started getting higher rime and is now more average, but the killing is almost EXCLUSIVELY gang on gang. The only major violence we have seen at random are some carjackings, but that is a national trend and it will be handled by the next mayor. The local news in Louisville is like a small town, yet the city of Louisville has top 30 population, so there is GOING to be crime. Major cities do NOT report all crime, but Louisville does bc it scares the locals and brings ratings, so just ignore it! Be smart, live your life and you will be fine. The city is just fine.

Old 06-26-2022, 02:02 AM

132 posts, read 291,123 times
Awesome! Thanks so much!

Old 08-02-2022, 09:04 PM

327 posts, read 221,748 times
Earlier this week, one of the local news channels ran a report on violent crime in Louisville, specially focusing on the ~101 murders that have occurred in the metro area since the beginning of the year. The news anchor stressed that violent crime is occurring all over the metro area, but even when she displayed the incident map, there were very few “dots” in the East End. That’s where I would concentrate my housing search, if I were you.

Old 08-03-2022, 11:20 PM

577 posts, read 560,509 times
Check out crimegrade.org. They have crime maps that show by color code for the entire country which parts of each town have the most and least violent crime. You can scroll the map all over the country. In Louisville, the high crime part of the city (in red) extends from the west side (west of downtown) over to about Bardstown Rd.

Everything east and northeast of Bardstown Rd, all the way up to the river, is safe (in green). The Indiana side is all safe except for the immediate downtowns of the towns over there.

Old 08-05-2022, 08:54 PM

3,037 posts, read 3,304,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TY2012 View Post
IMHO one place to avoid is the toll bridge on I-65 & I-265

US 31 and I-64 bridges are free.

The US 31 takes you for a few blocks downtown Louisville. Somewhat depends if you want to get to I-64 or I-71.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: