Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:52 PM

22 posts, read 91,631 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to the Bowling Green area and we would like a newer home with land. There doesn't seem to be many to pick from. So we are considering buying a parcel of land and building a home to our liking. I first need some names of good reputable builders in the area that we could contact. Second what are some good rural areas to live in? The schools that our children would be attending is very important. We would like it to be some what rural, but not too far away from places like Walmart and grocery stores. We are thinking 2 or 3 acres maybe in a sub division. I would like some near by neighbors for our children to play with, but not be on top of our neighbors. I would appreciate any information about the area and builders names that I can get.
Thank You!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 09:00 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
What price range is the house you are thinking of buidling? There are not many subdivisions with 2 to 3 acre lots so you would probably need to buy 2 lots. Have you looked on realtor.com or remax.com especially in the 42104 zip code? Even though the housing market has held up pretty well in Bowling Green, there is quite a bit of inventory right now.

Old 06-30-2008, 09:07 PM

Our max. probably would be about $250k for the home and the land. Yes, I have looked on realtor.com and saw that you can get 2 acres of land for around $14k, but I don't know what the area is like. Could you suggest some areas to look and what areas to stay away from?
Thank You!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:37 PM

The Summit and Cumberland Ridge subdivisions have some nice big lots that are available. I will do some checking and see what else I can find. Are you familiar with the areas of Bowling Green? Is there an area you would prefer to live? The south and the east are very popular but expensive, the north and the west are not as popular but you will get more land for the money.

Old 07-01-2008, 06:54 AM

I'm not at all familiar with Bowling Green. That is why I have posted this question on here. To find out the best areas and what areas to stay away from. I want the schools that our children will attend to be good. Which area would you recommend that has the best schools?

Old 07-01-2008, 10:14 AM

We have two school systems, Warren County Public Schools and Bowling Green Independent Schools. Try to stay in the school systems that feed into Greenwood High School or Bowling Green High School. Most of the newer subdivisions with the large lots feed into Greenwood High School and are in the 42104 or 42103 zip codes. What grades will your children be in? The elementary schools in those zip codes are very good but some better than others. I am thinking you should focus on the southside of Bowling Green which will feed into great schools in the county.

Old 07-01-2008, 11:15 AM

631 posts, read 1,885,527 times
Default Builders in Bowling Green

Below is a link to the builder who did a house for one of my family members and she absolutely loved working with him. I believe his offices are still on Scottsville road.

Design Builders Inc

Old 07-01-2008, 01:41 PM

What about the zip codes 42101 or 42171? What are the schools like there? Our children are both in elementary school. One is starting kindergarten and the other is going into 2nd grade. I would also like to get a job working for the school my children attend. A non-certified position as supportive staff.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:04 PM

You might find something nice out in the Plano area 42101 zip code. It is out Scottsville Road and there is a new Plano school that would be great for your children. Since it is new, you might be able to find a position there also.

42171 is Smiths Grove which is North of Bowling Green. It is a nice rural area. You won't find much in a subdivision but there is land for sale in the area. The school system will feed into the Warren East middle and Warren East High schools, which might be a slight negative if you are interested in the best schools in the area.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:27 PM

631 posts, read 1,885,527 times
Smiths Grove is a lovely area. Reminds me of the Glendale community in Hardin County. Lots of small town charm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky