Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2007, 07:40 AM

13 posts, read 37,332 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are talking about moving to Georgetown. I saw online that you guys have a kennametal??? Kennametal just took over the company my husband works for so we were thinking he could transfer. I was wondering.....what is there to do in Georgetown? Do they have a mall or would we have to go to Lexington? I have a one year old so I need to know about daycares too. Are there any churches that run daycares? Are there any Nazarene or Wesleyan churches? By the time we move there, I will be an lpn so, how many hospitals and nursing homes are in Georgetown? I don't really want to drive to Lexington unless I have to. I was also wondering about housing. What area should I look at if I don't want a bunch of neighbors? And do you think I could find a nice house with a few acres for around 120,000? Thats all I've got for now. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2007, 12:03 PM

688 posts, read 3,039,560 times
Georgetown is a smaller town that isn't too far from Lexington. Its biggest "claim to fame" is the huge Toyota plant onsite. Its shopping primarily consists of a Wal-mart, Kohl's, Lowe's, K-mart, and some smaller chain stores like Payless Shoes and Maurices. There are also several boutiques and antique shops along its historic Main St. There is also a larger shopping center that is being proposed, and supposedly they are trying to lure Target or Meijer's and several other popular chains. Still, for most major chain stores and mall shopping, you will have to head into Lexington.

There is a community hospital and several smaller nursing homes. I believe there is also a church of the Nazarene. Several of the larger churches, like St John (Catholic), offer preschool programs and I believe several also offer full-day care programs. There are also some independent centers - the state offers a list of licensed programs here: http://chfs.ky.gov/NR/rdonlyres/14A7...ectory6807.xls **search by county for Scott

As far as housing, $120,00 is a little low to find a home on several acres within Scott County. There may be a few manufactured homes/trailers in outlying rural areas, and probably the occasional older home that comes up. As you get a little closer to $150,000, the options will increase a little. Once you get outside of the downtown area, you will find several subdivisions but also homes that are a little more spread out. There are still many large-acreage tracts in Georgetown, but they tend to pricier than other surrounding counties that are farther out.

Good luck!

Old 07-05-2007, 01:39 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,088,265 times
Isn't Georgetown not too far from Frankfort?

Old 07-05-2007, 06:08 PM

688 posts, read 3,039,560 times
Yep - Georgetown is one county over, just east of Frankfort. Probably about a 35-45 minute drive on hwy 460, or you can head a little south and pick up I-64 and then go back north to Frankfort.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:02 PM

2 posts, read 2,644 times
how big is your hospital?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky