Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 08:12 PM

1 posts, read 4,062 times

Advertisements

I am moving my family from an older "small town feel" area in St. Louis to Cincinnati. I was told if I am going to be working downtown (near Hwy 75) that Northern Kentucky is wonderful. I am traveling to your area this weekend to look around. I welcome any help. Thank you! I have noticed a few areas on the web...Bellevue, Covington, etc. We are looking for a home around $450K. Working downtown Cincinnati.
Leaning towards public schools unless private is reccommended.
Looking for a safe family area. Kids are 12 - 16.
Gosh, I like pie and cake.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,804,487 times
Well, Elsmere, Erlanger, Crestview Hills, Walton, Crescent Springs, and Ft. Thomas are all nearby communities with small town feels, very close proximity to downtown Cincy, and strong city public school systems.

Boone County is the best county system; however, I personally don't like the feel and attitude of Boone Co. Too "faux rich" and it can be really quite snobby in some places.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:30 PM

1 posts, read 4,065 times
dayton kentucky is just next to bellevue kentucky, and used to be run down. Lots of new homes going in with a riverfront view, in the 200,000 to 350,000 range. great view. also, with the growing community, and the new riverfront development, which is still under construction. The Manhattan, on the riverfront, is going to be really nice, i hear, and with all the growing homes, and properties, comes more people. It is a city under development, however, all the development, is kept quit, and hidden. quick five min. to downtown cincinnatti. great history of school spirit. growing Youth sports leagues. great public, and private schools. friends with existing cities of bellevue, and ft.thomas. nice community. very little crime. most people seen scared of the law enforcement here, and don't get into a lot of trouble. under the average crime rate for the city, state, and nation. I grew up in Bellevue, went to the Public School of Grandview Elementary, and Bellevue High School. The people their then were snobby, rude, and very mean. Now today, i couldnt tell you. I still see the people i went to school with, and they have'nt changed AT ALL. now dayton, growing up, i didnt like dayton, but today, with the economy, and all the developments, and being involved in the school system, and the d.y.f.l., i have met some great people here who are kind, and outgoing. who love their community, no matter what, and who help everyone. I am proud to be a GreenDevil, even though their will always be a Tiger in me. I joke around and say the Devil Ate the Tiger. ha ha. We have many sports here in dayton, which is striving for more young athletes every season. just come to the youth football game saturday october 18th, and watch the young 5-13 year old athletes compete against the bengal tigers, from covington, in their last game of the season of football. starters start at 4pm. and so on games last about an hour. you will see the community at its youth level, and know that we are here for our community, kids, family, and friends, reaching out to people, just like you, trying to make friends. God bless, and hope to see you their. If you do make it, check out number 3, and number 25 for the dayton greendevils starter division. they are college level minded football stars for real. NO JOKE! they are the next generation of a league of champions here in a community rich in history making championships in sports.

Old 10-19-2008, 03:55 PM

310 posts, read 1,210,049 times
Default Northern Kentucky

You have lots of choices of "small town" communities in both Kentucky and Ohio. Fort Thomas and Fort Mitchell come to mind in Kentucky. Even Park Hills. In Ohio, you have Loveland and Lebanon that have that feeling.

Here are a few links for school information.

Great Schools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

Schooldigger.com -- Search and compare elementary, middle, and high schools.

https://webapp2.ode.state.oh.us/reportcard/archives/

Ohio Public School Rankings

Kentucky Public School Rankings

Good luck!
Mike

Old 10-22-2008, 10:09 AM

4 posts, read 13,738 times
Hi CK,

We have a house in Northern Kentucky for sale in the mid 300,000's. It is convienent to all highways and has city views from every level. I created a website you can go to for information and pictures: [URL="http://www.cincycityviews.com"]www.cincycityviews.com[/URL]

Good Luck!!

Old 10-22-2008, 03:01 PM

145 posts, read 518,660 times
Fort Mitchell, Forth Thomas, Villa Hills, Edgewood, Park Hills, Fort Wright. All of these cities are excellent and have homes in your price range. As far as schools go you can't get any better public wise than Beechwood school district (fort mitchell) or Fort Thomas public schools in fort thomas not to say the other public schools arent good...they are but those two are tops in the state and have been for years. If private is the way to go there are numerous private elementry and high schools that are outstanding. Blessed Sacrament, St. Agnes, etc for grade schools, Covington Catholic, Notre Dame Academy, Villa Madonna, Newport Central Catholic...any of these schools are outstanding and worth the money. All of the cities mentioned are very close to cincy but you can't get better than Park Hills. You can be from your home to downtown in five to ten minutes tops and the homes are beautiful. It is a very established neighborhood and has beautiful older homes. Just something to look at. Would you like some sweet tea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky