Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 11:55 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times

Advertisements

Local Weather Alert for Lexington, KY - weather.com

Issued by The National Weather Service
Louisville, KY
7:38 am EST, Sun., Dec. 14, 2008
... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING... ICE STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON TO TUESDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.
AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH OUR REGION EARLY MONDAY RESULTING IN RAPID TEMPERATURE FALLS THROUGH THE DAY. THE FRONT WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY RAIN... WITH A WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW DEVELOPING DURING THE AFTERNOON AS TEMPERATURES FALL TO NEAR FREEZING OR BELOW. THE MIX OF PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY CONTINUE MONDAY NIGHT AS TEMPERATURES FALL WELL BELOW FREEZING WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT ICE AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 12:50 PM

2,926 posts, read 8,572,537 times
We're not in the watch area in this part of the state, at least not for now. Hopefully we just get rain. The snow from Thursday just melted today.

Old 12-14-2008, 06:59 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Local Weather Alert for Lexington, KY - weather.com

Issued by The National Weather Service
Louisville, KY
7:38 am EST, Sun., Dec. 14, 2008
... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING... ICE STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON TO TUESDAY EVENING...

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH TUESDAY MORNING.
AN ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL MOVE THROUGH OUR REGION EARLY MONDAY RESULTING IN RAPID TEMPERATURE FALLS THROUGH THE DAY. THE FRONT WILL BE ACCOMPANIED BY RAIN... WITH A WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SLEET AND SNOW DEVELOPING DURING THE AFTERNOON AS TEMPERATURES FALL TO NEAR FREEZING OR BELOW. THE MIX OF PRECIPITATION WILL LIKELY CONTINUE MONDAY NIGHT AS TEMPERATURES FALL WELL BELOW FREEZING WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT ICE AND SNOW ACCUMULATION.
A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS.
Hmm, let me check that PTO balance just in case

Old 12-14-2008, 07:21 PM

21 posts, read 73,192 times
Graves County was issued a storm warning for from 6 A.M Monday to 6 A.M. Turesday morning for up to 3/4 inches of ice and freezing rain. Be careful.

Old 12-14-2008, 07:25 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,082,223 times
Oh NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Old 12-14-2008, 08:23 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,803,014 times
Eh...yikes! I have to work through mid-week, and my driveway involves a couple of hilly inclines.

Seldom do I call in for any reason; hopefully I won't have to.

Old 12-15-2008, 05:26 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Here's the NWS's bulletin for Winter Storm Warning this morning

... WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON EST /11 AM CST/ TODAY TO 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ TUESDAY...
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN LOUISVILLE HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WARNING... EFFECTIVE FROM NOON EST /11 AM CST/ TODAY TO 7 AM EST /6 AM CST/ TUESDAY. THE WINTER STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
ONE TO FOUR INCHES OF SNOW AND ICE ARE EXPECTED TO ACCUMULATE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT. THIS WINTRY MIX WILL AFFECT THE MONDAY AFTERNOON AND TUESDAY MORNING RUSH HOUR.
More Information

... WINTRY MIX OF FREEZING RAIN... SLEET... AND SNOW THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT...

Old 12-15-2008, 08:32 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
Just go to noaa.gov and put in your zip code. Then you can check your own weather warnings if you dont' live in the Louisville area. The radar on intellicast.com shows where the mix line and the ice line is. Look at the upper right hand corner of the radar and click on "show animation" That will put the radar in the loop. I'm looking at Kentucky-Bowling Green region for my area.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:21 AM

241 posts, read 1,335,707 times
LOL - The first thing I thought of when I saw the thread title was "Not Work Safe." I gotta quit spending so much time on the intrawebz.

We're looking at freezing rain later this afternoon--temperature has dropped more than 20 degrees in the last six hours. The good news is that it's going to turn to sleet and snow.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:36 AM

11,087 posts, read 17,542,940 times
The only thing I'm worried about with all this ice coming is our new (to us) house. First time I've lived in an all electric house! if the power goes out I know we'll get a little chilly! Wish I had kept my kerosene heater when I moved down here! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky