Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2009, 10:10 AM

200 posts, read 806,968 times

Advertisements

I am planning a little exploration trip of these counties this weekend ( weather permitting ) Anyone have an suggestions on things I should definetly want to see? Ive been through the corners of each of these counties, but never really explored any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2009, 10:44 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
What is there to see in those counties, except for foothills and the Kentucky River? I'm not being smart alec; I'm being serious!

In Estill County's defense, I hear that Irvine has a cute little downtown district.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:23 AM

21 posts, read 67,853 times
I am from Irvine. I played ball and I have been to these counties several times. Owsley has a square for a town and last I remember, no places to eat. I have a friend from there and he said they go to Jackson to get food (45 min away). The west side of Lee Co. (beartrack) is really nice, the people there are educated and they have a nice deal of diversity for its location. Estill has its ups and downs. Its not far from Richmond/Lexington. Not as good of a school as Lee but better then Owsley. But they people in Irvine is what will get you. You of course, have your rednecks, rich stuckup people, and the bad thing is there is a lack of "normal average" people. As far as things to see goes in these places. Owsley in the 1940's, I think, had a player Catch for the New York Yankees, his house is still there. I don't know anything in Lee, and Estill has the Aldersgate Camp.

Old 05-19-2009, 11:54 AM

200 posts, read 806,968 times
Ah those are three counties I havent really got to get out and explore. I have this thing that I want to explore every county in Kentucky....While I have been to all 120 counties, these are some of the few that I havent really explored at any length.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky