Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Friendliest areas of Kentucky? (Select up to three, please)
Metropolitan Louisville (i.e.: Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt Cos.) 4 11.76%
Metropolitan Lexington (i.e.: Fayette, Jessamine, Scott Cos.) 3 8.82%
Northern Kentucky (i.e.: Boone, Kenton, Campbell Cos.) 3 8.82%
Jackson Purchase (including Paducah) 4 11.76%
Western Coal Field (incl. Owensboro) 5 14.71%
Southcentral Kentucky (incl. Bowling Green, Campbellsville) 5 14.71%
Outer Bluegrass Region (i.e.: surrounding Lexington, Frankfort, Richmond) 2 5.88%
Northeastern Kentucky (incl. Ashland, Morehead) 3 8.82%
Southeastern Kentucky (incl. Somerset, London, Hazard) 7 20.59%
I love all of Kentucky! 10 29.41%
Nah, the people aren't my cup of tea. 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 01:33 PM

1,236 posts, read 3,115,918 times

Advertisements

I voted for all of Kentucky as Lexington is really the only area I don't like. Would have voted for Eastern Kentucky had that been an option.
Go, Miss Blue!!! Loved your post and tried to rep you but couldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 01:56 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
I chose the area around and including Owensboro. I have always found the people around there to be so friendly and welcoming. I am from Bowling Green and having worked in sales at various times, the people here can be friendly depending on who you are and who you know. It is much harder than the Owensboro area to be about the same size cities. Maybe it's because Bowling Green has a huge number of transplants these days but actually it was that way twenty years ago also. Owensboro just seems much more open and friendly.

Not knocking Bowling Green at all, because it is still a very friendly place just maybe not as easy to acclimate in as some of the other areas of Kentucky. Another area I spent some time in lately and found the people extremely nice was right outside of Lexington or in the Frankfort area. I also think people in the Pikeville area are real friendly.

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 05-25-2009 at 03:03 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 06:22 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,735,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
Great questions, ya'll!

I'd place Pikeville and Whitesburg in Southeast KY b/c they're along US 119, the major Pine Mountain area artery. Very Southeast KY if you ask me. Hindman and Jackson go S.E. b/c, well, they're just so daggone close to Hazard.

Prestonsburg and Inez I would classify as Northeast KY. They've always felt more "N.E. Kentuckyish" to me, although I can't quite put my fingers on it.

That's a grey area that I should've perhaps better defined, and I apologize. Larue County, in my mind, is very Southcentral Kentucky with more cultural influences from Tennessee than even Elizabethtown.

Hardin County is Metropolitan Louisville; 100,000 residents in that area and growing b/c of the military base and exurban encroachment from Louisville.

Meade County is Western Kentucky b/c it just feels more Western Coal Field in many ways to me than "Louisville Metro" Area. Nothing "big city" about Meade County at all.
True...but I do believe Meade is part of the census defined Louisville MSA? If not it is part of the CSA.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:23 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,735,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsdaughter View Post
I voted for all of Kentucky as Lexington is really the only area I don't like. Would have voted for Eastern Kentucky had that been an option.
Go, Miss Blue!!! Loved your post and tried to rep you but couldn't.
You are the only person I have seen from eastern KY who likes the whole state but Lexington, lol. Usually they like the whole state but Louisville.

Old 05-28-2009, 05:57 AM

I have always found the people in Louisville to be friendly and nice, even in traffic. I cannot say the same for the people in Lexington. I also think Louisville is a beautiful city.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:55 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
Quote:
I have always found the people in Louisville to be friendly and nice, even in traffic. I cannot say the same for the people in Lexington. I also think Louisville is a beautiful city.
Why thank you honey! (like I did anything lol)

Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM

You have a right to be proud of your city.

Old 05-29-2009, 05:51 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
Quote:
You have a right to be proud of your city.
and thank you again sweetie!

Old 08-05-2009, 09:39 AM

24 posts, read 82,206 times
eastern should deff. be added in because it goes from ashland ky all the way to atleast harlan ky , remember that eastern is completly diff, and should follow the state line all the way down, in my opinion there are only 3 regions of ky which are Western, Central, and Eastern., because each area has a completly diff. feal to them

Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,376 times
I might add that I have always loved Louisville and the people there also. I didn't mean to leave it out. I find the people in Louisville very friendly also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky