Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 AM

49 posts, read 183,727 times

Advertisements

I'm trying to narrow my options..are the towns surrounding Lexington and Lexington itself the best for upper middle class?...Could anyone tell me which would be the top 5 towns to live in around that area?.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2007, 07:08 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,372 times
I'm a native Lexingtonian so know my bias up front. I love Lexington and have never considered moving anywhere else. I have traveled extensively and truly think that Lexington and the surrounding areas are some of the most beautiful in this country. It is small enough to have a true community feel but large enough to offer an active arts community. It is very diverse and you can find whatever type of community within it that you like. (for instance we have everything from the mega-churches to the recent naming as one of the top five communities for gays to live in). Because it is a university town there is one of the largest percentage of college graduates living here in the nation (somewhere in the top ten cities for adults holding at least an undergrad degree).
To get some idea of what is available here check out visitlex.org.
There is also an active newcomer's club to help acclimate people to the town.

Old 04-08-2007, 07:14 PM

9 posts, read 31,223 times
Default newcomers group in lexington

How did you locate the newcomers group? I went on to the website but didn't find any information. Is there a specific way to contact them?
I appreciate any help.

Old 04-09-2007, 05:02 AM

891 posts, read 3,053,372 times
They don't have a web site but here is a contact email address:
lexnewcomers@yahoo.com
Good luck

Old 04-09-2007, 05:10 AM

9 posts, read 31,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexingtongal View Post
They don't have a web site but here is a contact email address:
lexnewcomers@yahoo.com
Good luck
Thank you. I'll give it a try.

Old 04-13-2007, 06:43 PM

38 posts, read 138,015 times
Here is how i figure it when it comes to big cities there are two ways to go the lexington area is very popular most high paying jobs in kentucky exciting life lots to do. The lexington/franfort area is a beautiful place nice calm with being boring not as good jobs as louisville but not bad. If you are talking uper middle class I am guessing you have a highly desired skill so you could probably make a decent livng in ither. so it all comes down to weather you want a decently chilled out locating with stuff still to do (lexington and surrounding area) or if you want to be out partying tell 4 in the morning and finding new things to do everyday(louisville)

hope it helped
-Nick Hood

ps. Lexington is considered to be one of the safest big cities in America but i wouldnt worrie too much about that most of kentucky is pretty good at being safe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
View detailed profiles of: