Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2009, 07:12 AM

4 posts, read 4,750 times

Advertisements

As you have probably already gathered from my name I am someone who is from Indiana, but is now living in Kentucky. I have been to Southern Indiana, the part that is close to Louisville recently and was wondering how Kentuckians treat those in the Hoosier state? I want to hear from Hoosiers what your experiences are. Louisville and Kentucky in general boasts, "Southern Hospitality," but I must say now that I live in Ky, I have not really experienced that here. I have also read forums from those living in Ky about Indiana and they were anything but nice! I would like to hear from those in Southern Indiana, what your opinions are. How do you feel you have been treated or mistreated? Thanks in advice for responding!

Note: To get more responses and mainly because I was not sure where to post this thread, I also posted it on the Indiana forum as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 09:52 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,327,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaguynowinKentucky View Post
As you have probably already gathered from my name I am someone who is from Indiana, but is now living in Kentucky. I have been to Southern Indiana, the part that is close to Louisville recently and was wondering how Kentuckians treat those in the Hoosier state? I want to hear from Hoosiers what your experiences are. Louisville and Kentucky in general boasts, "Southern Hospitality," but I must say now that I live in Ky, I have not really experienced that here. I have also read forums from those living in Ky about Indiana and they were anything but nice! I would like to hear from those in Southern Indiana, what your opinions are. How do you feel you have been treated or mistreated? Thanks in advice for responding!
Of course all Kentuckians mistreat Hoosiers. We have no use for a Hoosier other than to take your money every chance we get. Why don't you just go back home, close the door to your cage and throw away the key? (all tongue in cheek, of course)

The OP is as silly as any post that I have ever read on this forum. The only hatred that I know that exists between any Kentuckian and any other person from any where in the world is that which is created by the alien.

Kentuckian's are the most accepting, caring people that I have ever placed into a stereotype. We do not like and will not accept anyone who tries to change us, attempts to put us down, or suggests that our poopie stinks more than theirs.

If the OP writer is not treated well in Kentucky or for that matter in Southern Indiana, I can guarantee that the fault lies not with the natives.

Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Of course all Kentuckians mistreat Hoosiers. We have no use for a Hoosier other than to take your money every chance we get. Why don't you just go back home, close the door to your cage and throw away the key? (all tongue in cheek, of course)

The OP is as silly as any post that I have ever read on this forum. The only hatred that I know that exists between any Kentuckian and any other person from any where in the world is that which is created by the alien.

Kentuckian's are the most accepting, caring people that I have ever placed into a stereotype. We do not like and will not accept anyone who tries to change us, attempts to put us down, or suggests that our poopie stinks more than theirs.

If the OP writer is not treated well in Kentucky or for that matter in Southern Indiana, I can guarantee that the fault lies not with the natives.
With all due respect, you don't even know me. I honestly didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, step on any toes or make anyone feel bad. All I did was ask a question and you judged the people of my state as well as myself. I don't know if you have read what some people from Louisville have said about those in Southern Indiana, but much of it is not very nice at all. I am judging anyone, I am just reading what people post and it made me post a question to my fellow Hoosiers in Southern Indiana.

Just so you know, I am have been treated just fine here in Kentucky and I can't recall a time I was not treated in a nice manner when visiting Southern Indiana. Of course I prefer my state of Indiana to Kentucky in part because I am from there. Anyway, I asked to hear from Hoosiers not Kentuckians. Well, thanks for the reply...I think???

Last edited by IndianaguynowinKentucky; 11-01-2009 at 12:37 PM..

Old 11-01-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post

So according to you, all Kentuckians mistreat Hoosiers and just want to take our money, but at the same time are the most accepting and caring people. Ok, that makes sense? LOL.

Old 11-01-2009, 01:32 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,327,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaguynowinKentucky View Post
So according to you, all Kentuckians mistreat Hoosiers and just want to take our money, but at the same time are the most accepting and caring people. Ok, that makes sense? LOL.
Mr. Hoosier, I now understand why you hurt so badly. Did you note that my first paragraph ended with "tongue in cheek". I wrote that paragraph attempting to be as absurd as possible. I even said I was being absurd; therefore, I am sorry you must have not had a wonderful Kentucky education.

I am sincerely sorry and sad that you have not a good experience in Kentucky, but I would almost bet that you only have to look into the mirror to understand why. I wrote my post in reply to your post hoping that you would see that people do really care.

Unfortunately, you couldn't sense the absurdity.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,797,217 times
Other than message board misunderstandings, I don't think we mistreat Hoosiers in the least. Maybe some good natured kidding (which goes both ways) but I've never met any Kentuckian who cares one iota if someone else is from Southern Indiana.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:30 AM

18 posts, read 60,453 times
"They don't know their colors over there." Quote from a Hoosier lady who was nearly demolished by a Kentucky driver running a red light in Louisville. Relatively mild considering. So I guess there might not be much animosity between Hoosiers and Kentuckians.

And, by the way, to the OP -- I think it is an interesting topic and it was clear to me you were merely curious. Some of us think about these kinds of things and some don't. I like people who do. They're the kind of people who write novels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky