Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2007, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 12,428 times

Advertisements

Ok, I've got a question that eveyone wonders about, but no one seems willing to answer. What is the weathiest part of Kentucky? If it is in one of the big cities (Lexington), what part or neighborhood would be considered the wealthiest?

I currently live in Scottsdale, Arizona and I'm really curious as to what would be a comparable area of Kentucky.

Thanks for all of the replies in advance and I look forward to some good "rich" jokes.

JPH
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 07:04 PM

5,284 posts, read 20,050,981 times
I'm sure you'll get lots of answers but first thing that comes to my mind is Anchorage, KY.....it is actually nicer than Scottsdale in some ways - more scenic and much larger pieces of property...but the shopping and golf courses are better in Scottsdale.

Old 07-02-2007, 08:30 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,312,676 times
Oldham County is the highest income county in Kentucky. Anchorage is the highest city and they just happen to almost touch. Pewee Valley has some amazing (but limited number) homes.

Old 07-02-2007, 10:26 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by live2ride View Post
Ok, I've got a question that eveyone wonders about, but no one seems willing to answer. What is the weathiest part of Kentucky? If it is in one of the big cities (Lexington), what part or neighborhood would be considered the wealthiest?

I currently live in Scottsdale, Arizona and I'm really curious as to what would be a comparable area of Kentucky.

Thanks for all of the replies in advance and I look forward to some good "rich" jokes.

JPH
Louisville is by far the biggest and wealthiest city in KY, along with many of its suburbs. Louisville is three times bigger than Lexington, and contains MUCH wealthier suburbs. In fact, the Louisville suburb of Mockingbird Valley is the 10th wealthiest city in America, richer than anyhwhere out west even (although the population is small):

Highest-income places in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mockingbird Valley, Kentucky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Right behind it is nearby Glenview, which is full of phenomonal wealth, and is also one of the 100 richest communities in the US. No where else in KY comes close to these two cities, which are subsets of Louisville.

Glenview, Kentucky - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The two aforementioned communities are so exclusive that many locals do not even know of their immense wealth. Sitting on hills overlooking the Ohio River, many of the area homes were built in the early 1900's by Louisville's wealthiest families, and this is truly inherited estate mansions.

Other extremely wealth areas are Prospect, Anchorage, and Indian Hills, all suburbs of Louisville. Lexington has a couple wealthy zip codes, but they have low populations and Lexington does not really have any suburbs as its metro population is 450k compared to 1.3 million for Louisville.

Last edited by Peter1948; 07-02-2007 at 10:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky