Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM

79 posts, read 178,212 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,
I am moving from AZ to Johnson city, TN. I am looking for a place to rent. I would love if someone can tell me which one of this list is better and has best location.

Boone Ridge Townhomes
Stone Crest townhomes
Riverview Townhomes
Cherry Gove condos
Suncrest Village
Hillrise apartments
Boones Creek village

Thank you for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 08:25 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times
Where are you commuting to/from? What's your budget?

Old 04-22-2015, 08:32 PM

To the VA medical center and the budget about $900/ 2 bedrooms

Last edited by kamilya; 04-22-2015 at 08:48 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 08:58 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times
I would rather live in Boones Creek or on the south side of JC close to the university/VA.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:54 AM

185 posts, read 289,388 times
Stone Crest is near my neighborhood. Very close to some shopping and dining choices. Nice safe area. Pretty easy commute to the VA.

Boone Ridge is a little further out, but also a very nice area. You will deal with a little traffic getting to the VA, but depending on what you are used to, may not be a problem for you.

Riverview Townhomes looks to be in Elizabethton. While I love that cute little town, traffic is a pain in the rear, especially since it looks like you'd have to come through most of it to get to JC.

Cherry Groves appears to be out toward Piney Flats. It's a bit of a hump to get from that side of town to the VA. Piney Flats is very nice though and starting to get quite a bit in the way of smaller stores.

Suncrest Village is up in Gray. Good area, but distance again.

Hillrise Apartments in Jonesborough - Nice small town feel to the area, not a bad drive from there to the VA. Can have some traffic, but not hair pulling out kind.

Boones Creek Village - similar to above, but a little further of a drive.

I guess my top would be Stone Crest, followed very closely by Boone Ridge, Hillrise and Boones Creek. The others are nice areas and all, but driving to the VA from those would be more of a hassle.

Old 04-23-2015, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I would rather live in Boones Creek or on the south side of JC close to the university/VA.
Thank you so much

Old 04-23-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenladybug817 View Post
Stone Crest is near my neighborhood. Very close to some shopping and dining choices. Nice safe area. Pretty easy commute to the VA.

Boone Ridge is a little further out, but also a very nice area. You will deal with a little traffic getting to the VA, but depending on what you are used to, may not be a problem for you.

Riverview Townhomes looks to be in Elizabethton. While I love that cute little town, traffic is a pain in the rear, especially since it looks like you'd have to come through most of it to get to JC.

Cherry Groves appears to be out toward Piney Flats. It's a bit of a hump to get from that side of town to the VA. Piney Flats is very nice though and starting to get quite a bit in the way of smaller stores.

Suncrest Village is up in Gray. Good area, but distance again.

Hillrise Apartments in Jonesborough - Nice small town feel to the area, not a bad drive from there to the VA. Can have some traffic, but not hair pulling out kind.

Boones Creek Village - similar to above, but a little further of a drive.

I guess my top would be Stone Crest, followed very closely by Boone Ridge, Hillrise and Boones Creek. The others are nice areas and all, but driving to the VA from those would be more of a hassle.
QueenLadyBug thank you for all the detailed info. That will help me a lot in making a decision

Old 04-23-2015, 01:04 PM

677 posts, read 1,073,055 times
I would second Emigrations' recommendation about the south side of JC near downtown/ETSU. You would be practically next door to work and it is a vibrant, up and coming area with a younger population. There are many condos, apartments, and townhomes in this area.

Of the places you mentioned, Stone Crest would be the best choice in terms of proximity to work, shopping, and things to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol