Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 05:45 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,323,591 times

Advertisements

psst...back on topic please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2009, 06:16 PM

295 posts, read 750,683 times
Man,

you're tough Mouse. Here we were engaged in a discussion regarding Cherrobrob's inquiry about coming to the Tri-Cities area, on the important and pressing topic of grammar as we know it in modern N/E TN and you have to piddle on our Cheerios and tell us to get back to the original post. What a buzz-kill. [tongue-firmly-in-cheek at this end...laugh!].

Last edited by NorthernLights; 07-18-2009 at 06:24 PM..

Old 07-19-2009, 08:10 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLights View Post
Man,

you're tough Mouse. Here we were engaged in a discussion regarding Cherrobrob's inquiry about coming to the Tri-Cities area, on the important and pressing topic of grammar as we know it in modern N/E TN and you have to piddle on our Cheerios and tell us to get back to the original post. What a buzz-kill. [tongue-firmly-in-cheek at this end...laugh!].

Cherrorob, have any of the posts helped you at all? Do you have any other questions?

Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 AM

7 posts, read 16,891 times
Yes they have. Everyones input is appreciated. We are currently gathering info and marking up our map, readying ourselves for our September trip. Another question, Are Maryville schools the best in the area? It seems everywhere I read inquiring about schools, they keep popping up. Any other schools as good?

Old 07-19-2009, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrobrob View Post
Yes they have. Everyones input is appreciated. We are currently gathering info and marking up our map, readying ourselves for our September trip. Another question, Are Maryville schools the best in the area? It seems everywhere I read inquiring about schools, they keep popping up. Any other schools as good?
Since this is the Tri Cities thread those schools in this region are discussed here. To discuss Maryville schools I suggest that you visit the plethora of past threads on the area schools and post any new questions in the Knoxville forum. So good to hear from you!

Old 07-19-2009, 12:45 PM

I was asking if any schools in the tri-city area are comparable to those in maryville.

Old 07-19-2009, 12:59 PM

D-B in Kingsport is one of the best, if not the best in the Tri-Cities. SMG went to DB and lives in Maryville with kids that have gone through that school so she could probably answer that one for you. I personally prefer Daniel Boone in Gray for my kids. They are getting a great education there that is prepping them for college, which they get two years for free at North East State.

Old 07-19-2009, 01:20 PM

why do they get 2 years free?

Old 07-19-2009, 02:41 PM

It is part of the Sullivan-Washington Counties "Educate and Grow" program. They want to put out a better quality of employee out of the local colleges, so basically what the state lottery doesn't cover, the counties do as far as the college tuition.
It is a 14 year public education system.

add/edit: http://www.northeaststate.edu/moneyforcollege_docs/edandgrowbrochure2008.pdf (broken link)
oh! Looks like they added a few more counties, good news!

Old 07-19-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrobrob View Post
I was asking if any schools in the tri-city area are comparable to those in maryville.
Sorry, I didn't read your post that way. I think that a lot of the schools in the Tri Cities are comparable to Maryville City. As with the free 2 years of school in the Tri Cities, Maryville has a program where some high school classes count for college. My oldest son started college fresh out of high school with 12 college hours.

You may want to also check GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community. Personally, I would find an area that you like in East TN and then hone in on schools in that area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol