Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol
 [Register]
Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol The Tri-Cities area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 09:45 PM

2 posts, read 4,234 times

Advertisements

I am hoping some of you can help provide some direction for us. My wife and I are considering relocating to the Johnson City area for retirement and are exploring purchasing property in the near future. We have horses so would be looking for 8-10 acres. Having spent many years in Colorado we definitely want to have mountain views but would also like to be within 30+/- minutes of grocery stores and a restaurant or two. Having the options available that the university can provide intrigues us as well. We have been to the area once and will be back for a few days the first week of May. Any suggestions of areas that we should be sure to visit will be appreciated. Also if someone knows a realtor(s) that understands the needs of horse people we would be thankful for a suggestion or two. Regards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:50 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
Not a difficult bill to fill, your problem will be narrowing down choices. Between Bristol and Johnson City there's Bluff City/Piney Flats (collectively Piney Bluff). South of Johnson City there's the Embreeville/Garbers area, along route 67 and Greenwood Drive and on state route 81 towards Erwin.
North of Jonesborough could work very well for you, too.

Not sure about realtors. Others on the board I'm sure can give you some good recommendations.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:17 AM

1,452 posts, read 3,190,824 times
Limestone (where we live) is excellent horse country and an easy half hour drive from JC on 11E. Also, in the county so no city taxes. Not too crowded either - although the elevations aren't as high in other areas but there're lots of creeks for watering. I'd also check Realtor.com land and farm pages to see who seems to have the most land listings.

I think you'll easily find what you're looking for! Best of luck in your search.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:21 PM

2 posts, read 4,234 times
Thank you for your insights. Excellent point on being in the county vs. city. We not only enjoy the extra elbow room but the property tax advantage is often significant.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:01 PM

1 posts, read 1,883 times
NEEDED ASAP - FAMILY HOME (excellent tenants for long term lease) 3+2 (approx. 2000sq.ft) w/10+acres for our horses, no barn necessary...just pasture for them to run & we have simple elec. fencing if needed.~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Kingsport - Johnson City - Bristol