Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 08:16 AM

12 posts, read 37,532 times

Advertisements

Hey there....so sorry about your loss, but don't think this type of behavior is just here. We are native East Tennesseans (seven generations!) and just came back here from living in western Montana for the last 12 years where you can find the same issues if you look. This drug and poverty problem is nation wide - our society has created this problem and now we either deal with it or try to right it. Most of the people that live here are good people - it's just that few that make us all look bad. I agree with Carmelle in that it seems you don't want to like it here. Anyone looking for Utopia won't find it anywhere - it doesn't exist! So I advise, "Chin up! and get on with your life - just be more careful!"

Old 01-29-2008, 08:30 AM

133 posts, read 376,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGardner View Post
Anyone looking for Utopia won't find it anywhere - it doesn't exist! So I advise, "Chin up! and get on with your life - just be more careful!"

I have to disagree on the Utopia - I find it a few weeks a yr in Mexico...no kids, no phone, no internet, no schedule - only white sand beaches, a light breeze, calm crystal clear water, and a flag on my chair when i need anything

Old 01-29-2008, 05:17 PM

36 posts, read 99,460 times
I think the woman made exactly the same decision any of us would have made. It’s reasonable to trust those who have proven themselves. Unfortunately the inclination to place blame lends credence to the theory that some recent change is to blame, in this case, geography.

I’m sure many here will be surprised to hear me say that for every salt of the earth southern friend I have, I know of fifty people I don’t even want to see in my yard. It seems to me there are MANY devious suspect people everywhere. Mostly the disenfranchised offspring of the last generation, influenced to some degree by outside influence (internet, MTV, relocates ect.)Re; ghost ridding, gangsta. These kids feel hopeless due to dim prospects of ever making it on MTV and the perceived lack of interest on the parent’s behalf. I mean, if mom and dad are still married, they work all the time trying to stay above water. Jr. is left to the TV and classmates who more often than not are far more concerned with being cool than making some sort of positive contribution.

I wouldn’t put up with that gangsta crap for a second and geography is really only geography. If it suits you, stay if not leave. Sounds to me like we could use a few more like her.

Old 01-30-2008, 09:54 PM

7,280 posts, read 21,335,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whataride View Post
I have to disagree on the Utopia - I find it a few weeks a yr in Mexico...no kids, no phone, no internet, no schedule - only white sand beaches, a light breeze, calm crystal clear water, and a flag on my chair when i need anything
Sounds like my time in Aruba! Wish I was there now verses here having to close another thread.
Sorry folks, but there is just way to much insulting and personal attacking going on in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville