Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2009, 08:58 AM

197 posts, read 485,548 times

Advertisements

Gailli ~ I just caught what you wrote! I'm SO SORRY about your health! I hope you feel better very soon and that the neurosurgeon can help you a lot. Is a neurosurgeon the same as a neurologist? I'm a dolt... I have a good neurologist... I'm also sorry about your thyroid, but glad they found what what was wrong - or at least know where to look. I was not happy with my latest diagnosis, but was weirdly relieved that the neuro had a diagnosis kwim? So I could get on with the getting on part of it? I hope you feel better very soon.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,954,889 times
Gailli, hope you are up to snuff soon!

Jen, call me crazy, but I love the color in your dining room! I agree with Pam; I have heard red increases appetite & conversation at the dining table. But that shade of purple seems to do the same for me!

It could just be that I am a chatty cathy who is always hungry!

Old 02-19-2009, 09:14 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
Jen,
I happen to like that eggplant color, but I like color and it would be too strong for some people. I think you should be proud of all you have done. Are you sleeping yet???? Anyway, can you DM me the link to your bungalow site? I need a dose of older home charm.
Pam
PS. BTW, A Neurologist is a Dr. who knows the brain and any neurological diseases or conditions that befall it. I see a Neuro once a year because I'm a stroke survivor( Think of the scarecrow from "The Wizard of Oz" singing "If I only had a brain") A NeuroSurgeon is a slice and dice Dr. that operates on the brain. That is a bare bones example of the difference between the 2 professions. Pam

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 02-19-2009 at 09:23 AM.. Reason: Assitional thoughts

Old 02-19-2009, 09:23 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,949 times
Bebett, I sure hope you are feeling better today, just popped in to catch up. You are lucky to have such a caring man to help you mend, just take advantage of it and dont PUSH, slow and steady and you will be up and around soon.

Gaili, You too, hope they help you real soon so that you will be 100%, feel better.

Saw where you all got hammered with bad weather yesterday, I shared it with you when it came through here around 9:15 last night, wind, hail, rain and geeze the skies were lit up! But now the sun is shining and the birds are singing.....nice day!

Old 02-19-2009, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Jen,
PS. BTW, A Neurologist is a Dr. who knows the brain and any neurological diseases or conditions that befall it. I see a Neuro once a year because I'm a stroke survivor( Think of the scarecrow from "The Wizard of Oz" singing "If I only had a brain") A NeuroSurgeon is a slice and dice Dr. that operates on the brain. That is a bare bones example of the difference between the 2 professions. Pam
I know ALL too well about the "if I only had a brain"
I'm just glad I don't yet need a NeuroSurgeon! Though I guess there is still time and I'm young... I do regularly see a neurologist - Dr. G in Oak Ridge. I like her.

Old 02-19-2009, 01:36 PM

17,998 posts, read 9,063,792 times
Bebette hope you feel better soon!!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:37 PM

My Little Pal Isaac is here!!

mom dropped him off about 15 minutes ago. Got him for the entire night!

Isaac:

Hi!

Old 02-19-2009, 02:39 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,350,104 times
GDude-
Are you and Issiac going to pop popcorn and watch a movie tonight? Have fun and hi Issiac!
Pam

Old 02-19-2009, 02:49 PM

Hi Isaac!!!
Hi GDude!

Oh, I can say goodbye to my wallet. I found out my tree did not fall on the KUB power lines. It fell on the phone lines. AT&T does not care about the phone lines. SIGH. I called Cortese Tree and they quoted me $1000 to $1200 for the tree removal. I don't want to bother my insurance company on this since it did not hit my house and I have a fairly high deductible anyhow. Can anyone DM me a cheaper tree service? I know Cortese is fantastic, but maybe I don't need a Cadillac when a Chevette will do?

Old 02-19-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
GDude-
Are you and Issiac going to pop popcorn and watch a movie tonight? Have fun and hi Issiac!
Pam
well here is what I am thinking for tonight.

Cheeseburgers and French Fries for Dinner
After Dinner play around with him maybe take him outside for a bit.
Watch Gary Unmarried and New Adventures of Old Christine with him ( pretty funny shows that are okay for him to watch)
Bath Time!
Always has to have chocolate milk after bathtime
Read to him ( same book)
Bedtime

sounds like a decent plan doesnt it?

Who knows it might change I like the move and popcorn Idea!! Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville