Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2008, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 2,627 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman]This is my first post, but I have enjoyed reading everybody’s questions, answers and discussions. We are moving to the Knoxville area this summer (my wife just got a job at UT) and I have learned a lot about the area from this forum. It will be somewhat of a whirlwind because we have to sell our house in Michigan, find a place to live in Knoxville, and I need to find a job. However, the biggest wrinkle is we have a baby due on July 16 and we would like to have the baby down there rather than try to move with a 2 week old (and a three year old). So the question…Does anyone have any recommendations of hospitals and/or OB/GYN? Thanks for any information you can provide. [/FONT][/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2008, 01:45 PM

22 posts, read 69,513 times
I am trying to find an ob / gyn also . WE moved last year end of june to union county from michigan also still have not sold the house yet livin with the inlaws with 2 kids hubby and his mom and dad . I hear alot of good things from UT hospital from ladies I work with . But mysuggestion is do you guys have job down also you want to make sure you start going to that doctor before the baby is born just my opinion . Also what area are looking to move in . Good luck to you and your'e family with the move and all . I can not wait till are house sells up there to buy a home down here .

Old 02-16-2008, 11:37 AM

1 posts, read 2,575 times
Thumbs up Ob/gyn

I would suggest the Generations office at the Parkwest Towers. I just had a baby in October of last year and they took awesome care of me. My doctor from the practice is Dr. O'Kelley. His philosphy is "what feels comfortable for you, the patient." I saw a few of the other ones and they too were awesome. He tries to answer all your questions and if he doesn't know the answer he refers you to someone or finds the answer for you. Also he did my c-section and you can't see the scar. Parkwest also has the lowest infection rates of any of the hospitals around here. Just my two cents. But, I was really happy with my choice.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:19 AM

66 posts, read 249,790 times
We love Drs. Zite, Fortner, and Elder at UT. There are "doctors in training" there, though, which always makes me a little nervous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: