Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 02:49 PM

75 posts, read 307,512 times

Advertisements

What a delight to share in everyone's Valentine's JOY! A really uplifting thread...my dearest hubby of 43 years brought me a beautiful bouqet of tulips --my absolute favorite flower this time of year! We had a wonderful dinner out as well. It was great to see so MANY folks out for dinner, celebrating love and family!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2008, 10:00 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Default They are all so special. Aren't we blessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Sigh.... I got coffee in bed, the sweetest handwritten note and a special lunch and dinner and Bill did all the dishes.
There is no one better then my Bill......
Pam
Isn't it wonderful that so many of us feel the same way about our DHs. I guess these are the best of the best!

After over 38 years of marriage it is so sweet to see a tear in hubby's eye when he knows his wife thinks he is as sweet as the flowers he just gave.

Old 02-16-2008, 06:35 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
What's nice is seeing the other side of the "50% divorce rate" that the talking heads are always screamning about. I wish more kids could see this side of a stable 2 parent home instead of being constantly bombarded with why bother getting married stories, and shack up is fine shows.
Life is good when you find the one person in the world who'll put up with you full time (and not a parent who has to) and enjoy you for you...

Old 02-16-2008, 06:50 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,136,321 times
Jimj, that is a wonderful way to express long-lived happy marriages. We are on the other side of the divorce scale!

I am thankful every day that I had the good sense to talk my husband into marrying me!! Just kidding, really. He asked me to marry him the night I met him and every night after that until 6 weeks later I said, "Yes!"

We got married 3 months later and have been going strong and steady ever since. I guess we have really put the "talking heads" on the path to being wrong. Sure didn't have to live together to know he was Mr. Right!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:43 PM

15,205 posts, read 12,073,081 times
We've been married 2 years longer than "DIRT".......
I learned early on.......she's always right, (even when she's wrong)...

The moral is.....
If you don't let a woman have her own way....
Things are going to get ugly

Last edited by Bones; 02-16-2008 at 08:05 PM..

Old 02-17-2008, 06:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
Jimj, that is a wonderful way to express long-lived happy marriages. We are on the other side of the divorce scale!

I am thankful every day that I had the good sense to talk my husband into marrying me!! Just kidding, really. He asked me to marry him the night I met him and every night after that until 6 weeks later I said, "Yes!"

We got married 3 months later and have been going strong and steady ever since. I guess we have really put the "talking heads" on the path to being wrong. Sure didn't have to live together to know he was Mr. Right!
Your situation is almost exactly what we did! Most everyone thought we were crazy since I told her on the first date she was going to marry me. When we got engaged everyone said "you've only known her a couple of months, you can't get married it'll never last". Well, we're on 19 years now and I knew after that first date that this lady would stand by me no matter what so I couldn't let her get away and I was right!

Old 02-17-2008, 08:34 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
We've been married 2 years longer than "DIRT".......
I learned early on.......she's always right, (even when she's wrong)...

The moral is.....
If you don't let a woman have her own way....
Things are going to get ugly

Bones thanks for the good chuckle. I've learned that my place isn't in the man cave. There isn't any room out there for storage or anything else I want. The man cave is off limits. Period.
Pam
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville