Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:20 AM

358 posts, read 999,606 times

Advertisements

I agree with Knoxxy. I just don't get "open air" malls. Seems like it's either raining, too cold or too hot to enjoy them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2008, 05:15 PM

592 posts, read 2,135,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inave View Post
I agree with Knoxxy. I just don't get "open air" malls. Seems like it's either raining, too cold or too hot to enjoy them.

Looks like I prefer this type for the same reasons you dislike it. I don't like the old style malls because they are stuffy germ houses in the winter. I like gettin' some fresh air!

Old 02-18-2008, 07:13 PM

611 posts, read 1,459,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxmomma View Post
Traffic can really be a bear at peak times. Some good stores, but overall I don't get it. Just another oversized strip mall to me.
Traffic really only seems to be a problem for me if, for some odd reason, I decide to cut through Turkey Creek on my way to another destination. It's frustrating then because I have to deal with all 50 traffic lights between Lovell and Campbell Station - red lights galore! In other cases, though, traffic isn't really an issue. If you know where you want to go, there are a sufficient number of exits and entrances all along Parkside that you should be able to get there in a matter of minutes. I realize that sometimes it's almost unbearable (the entire Christmas season, for example), but I never have too much trouble with it.

I don't think I ever go to Turkey Creek with the intent of shopping or wandering for an extended amount of time. I usually have a few specific stops in mind, and because of the convenience, it makes for a nice and efficient trip.

Word of warning, however: enter the Verizon store at your own risk. I don't know that I've ever seen it anything less than packed.

Old 02-19-2008, 07:35 PM

119 posts, read 384,435 times
We love shopping at Turkey Creek....sure it is really busy a lot...but honestly, I have more trouble trying to shop at Westown Mall....talk about packed. No thanks....

Old 02-19-2008, 10:25 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,314 times
another easy route, take the Northshore exit, go west, turn right onto Concord, which runs into Campbell Station, then right into Turkey creek. Lots of great places, and food and nice resturants. enjoy.

Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Wink Going to Turkey Creek could result in a traffic ticket!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
If you are coming from Blount County on Pellissippi you can take the Kingston Pike exit. Proceed straight through the red light across Kingston Pike. Pass Chili's restaurant on your right. At the "T", Parkside Drive, take a left and keep driving past the car dealers and Goody's corporate. Pass Lovell Road with Wasabi on your left and wallah, you will be in the shopping area. This avoids your having to get on I-40.
The two times that hubby and I went to Turkey Creek we went the way that SMG suggests.

It was quick, easy, posed little traffic and afforded us the opportunity to see some of the area we had missed seeing when traveling I-40. Pleasant drive and great shopping.

The only thing that we did differently than suggested by SMG was when we got off of the Pellissippi at the Kingston Pike exit, we STOPPED at the RED light, then crossed Kingston Pike on the GREEN. It just seemed a little safer that way!

Old 02-20-2008, 06:39 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemthornton View Post
The two times that hubby and I went to Turkey Creek we went the way that SMG suggests.

It was quick, easy, posed little traffic and afforded us the opportunity to see some of the area we had missed seeing when traveling I-40. Pleasant drive and great shopping.

The only thing that we did differently than suggested by SMG was when we got off of the Pellissippi at the Kingston Pike exit, we STOPPED at the RED light, then crossed Kingston Pike on the GREEN. It just seemed a little safer that way!
My bad for not mentioning every red light and stop sign and that everyone should obey all traffic laws.

Old 02-20-2008, 07:07 PM

Smile You're excused, SMG. School's over anyhow and I'm going home!

Very funny, SMG.

I could just see everyone reading a print out of your directions and getting to "Proceed straight through the red light across Kingston Pike..." and Knoxville having a record number of traffic accidents at that intersection and run traffic lights.

It struck me sooo funny, but it is a direction instruction that we all use - "Go through the RED light and..."!! ROFL!

Old 02-20-2008, 07:12 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
You're right Gem. I should have worded that differently when I offered up those directions. I apologize for the error.

Old 02-20-2008, 09:37 PM

I prefer your version, SMG!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville