Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2017, 04:21 PM

42 posts, read 60,751 times

Advertisements

Hi!
I live in Athens, TN and am trying to find a pet friendly rental.

I have 4 small dogs under 10 pounds. They are fully vetted, on flea/tick/heartworm protection and potty trained, and they really are.

This is my last hope. I have contacted every apartment in West Knoxville, and nobody will take more than 2 dogs unless you have a cat, than they will take 2 dogs and a cat. Maybe 3 apartments out of 100 will do that.

I am waiting till I find a rental to put my house on the market. Why am I selling?

Well, when I lived in Michigan, where I am from, my Mom left when I was 13 years old. I was the only girl of 4 kids. My mom met a guy, after divorcing my father, and they moved to Virginia. I moved to TX, MI, TX again, MI, FL, MI, FL and now I am in TN. My mother recently moved to West Knoxville. This is the first time in 35 years we have lived in the same state. I am 54, my mother is 79 and diabetic. I have some serious health problems, and it is hard for me to drive and my mother doesn't drive. So, we never see each other even though we are only 50 minutes away.

So, I remodeled my house, so it would sell quickly, and planned to rent an apartment, townhouse, house near her so we could FINALLY spend some time together before it is too late.

I have been searching 9 months for a place that will take 4 small pets. Nothing.

I only had 2 pets when this all began. They are chihuahua mixes and were shelter rescues. They are now seniors and their life is coming to the final chapter. During the remodel, 2 of my neighbors moved out, and left their little dogs out in the cold to fend for themselves. I took them in, vetted them, and "fixed" them in the hopes of finding them a new home. Well, the people that answered my ad were atrocious. They wouldn't fill out an application, wouldn't let me do a home check, and even though they had other pets, would not let me have a vet reference. They would say "We do our own vetting". Having worked in animal rescue for most of my life, I could see that these people were "flippers", looking for pit fight ring bait, or just people that don't see pets the way I do and don't care for them as anally as I do. So, I gave up. I never in a million years thought I would have to choose between my mother and my furbabies. It is coming to that.

So this is my last hope. I am looking for a decent 2+ bedroom/1+ bath house, apartment, townhouse, tent, RV, freeway underpass that will allow me to keep my 4 babies in the West Knoxville area as close to Cedar Bluff as possible. I am not rich, but I am responsible, as is my companion. We don't drink or do drugs, we ONLY smoke outside because I cannot stand the smell of stale cigarette smoke, and we are both trying to quit.

Laundry hookups are a must because my shoulders are no good. Too many years of waiting tables. I can't carry anything heavier than a toothpick.

If you know anyone, if you have something, if you can help us in any way, we would be so appreciative. We can't afford more than $800.00 a month, but will gladly pay a hefty pet deposit.

I am hoping someone out there has something. Otherwise, I will have to put my seniors down, and THAT will destroy me as I have worked hard to save animals, have been in the papers and on the news for my work. To put my kids down to me is a sin. But...you only have one mother. We have never shopped, cooked, or have gotten manicures together. We have a lot of catching up to do, and I feel like the clock is ticking and I am not going to make it.

So please...if you can...give us a chance. We are good, kind, clean honest people who just want to move closer to my Mom so I can have a few memories of her and us to hold onto.

My Dad lived in Florida, and I never saw him much. I don't want to make the same mistake.

Thanks for reading and please cherish your family. Even if you are not speaking, because when they are gone, you can never say "I am sorry" or "I forgive you".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: